Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 8.5 with 4K

I am buying new laptop workstation. I am concerning 4K display configuration, but I am not sure how will NX 8.5 UI perform with such a resolution.

Will it be usable or rather a mistake and I will be stuck with hardly usable UI?

Anyway, we plan to upgrade NX with robot purchase in 2 – 3 years. So, I have two options, buy a TOP configuration workstation for next 5 – 6 years or buy something cheaper and upgrade later. Depends on the NX 8.5 UI performance and usability.

I would also appreciate any screenshot, if anybody is using such a setup.

Thank you.

Re: NX 8.5 with 4K

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you are considering upgrading your hardware, why are you not considering upgrading your software? We have added a great deal of enhancements since NX 8.5.

In NX 11 there is a 4K High Definition Role which changes icons to a usable size for the pixel density.

Steve V

Smiley Happy

Simply the price of hardware is fraction of price of software upgrade.

The new features are good, but still NX 8.5 is enough. We use NX in wood industry which is the fraction compared to other industries so the new features are much more usable for other users with other needs. I admit that I would benefit from some enhancements, but there also has to be some economy behind each decision.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Don't you pay maintenance?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled