Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 9.0 assembly cloning through file

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

We have many assembly parts and under assembly there are many sub-assembly part files & drawings. When we clone by manually it is consuming lot of time. Is there any method cloning can be done through a spreadsheet or .inp file.

Regards,

Yunus

6 REPLIES

Re: NX 9.0 assembly cloning through file

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Yunus,

Is it the performance (time taken) to clone the files that is in question or the effort taken in manually renaming (if any) parts during the clone operation?

Best Regards

Kapil Sharma

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kapilsharma,

It is effort taken to renaming the each parts manually.

Thanks,

Yunus M

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Yunus,

Thanks for your response. Yes it is possible to do it in a spreadsheet also. For this the log files can be used. I am attaching a zip file herewith (instructions +excel sheets with macros) .

Hope this might help you achieve what you are looking for.

Best Regards

Kapil Sharma

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kapilsharma,

Thanks for your support. I will go through & let you know if any.

Thanks,

Yunus

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kapilsharma,

Thanks a lot its working. You saved my 8 to 10 hrs work. Thanks a lot.

Thank you very much once again.

Thanks,

Yunus

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kapilsharma,

Hope you are doing good.

In continuation to our discussions,if we enter the new names w.r.t existing names of the part files in spreadsheet it was creating a log file from which we can clone easily. Now I have another requirement, My mastermodels contains part file names as XX.

For project-1 we have assaigned set of drawing numbers and cloning was done. It is perfectly fine.

For project-2 I would like to assaign some of the part files with new drawing numbers and some of the parts I would like to retain with project-1 drawing numbers. How to handle this situation? Do we have one more column in spreadsheet where I can enter it as USER & RETAIN w.r.t. part files in order to create a log. file. Please let us know as early as possible as this task is very much important to me.

Thanks in advance.

Yunus M