Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Code Syntax / Quantity Attribute Use in Assembly Drawing Note

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know of an all-encompassing cheat sheet for the basic NX syntax you can type to achieve when typing into notes, expressions, tables, etc. for linking the various data contained within a model/part/assembly/drawing?

Along with that, does anyone know how one might link the quantity of a component in an assembly into a note on the drawing of that assembly?

NX 10

4 REPLIES

Re: NX Code Syntax / Quantity Attribute Use in Assembly Drawing Note

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

they're in the docs, but Siemens keeps moving them around so exactly where tends to be very version dependant.  In general, if you search for "text control characters" it gets you the right place.

In NX10 docs

Home -> CAD -> Drafting -> Drafting user interface & preferences -> Fonts & control characters section.

the 3 subtopics:

- Using control characters to generate symbols,
- Using control characters to format text
- Referencing expressions and attributes in text

I think cover everything

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you! That helps a lot!

Experimenter
Experimenter

can anyone suggest how to link quantity attribute to individual part drawing in nx 9.0.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately Siemens does not currently have an attribute within NX to access the quantity information already in the model. I submitted an enhancement request (ER), but that'll go unreviewed for years. Squeaky wheel gets the oil so I would suggest contacting GTAC and also having them create another ER.
http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/

ER 7652804

Opened Date: 03-Mar-2016

-----
Short Description: <word this as a problem statement rather than solution>
Unable to parametrically link component quantity within annotations, notes, etc. in either an assembly model or drawing.
-----
What activity in your process is NX not able to currently handle?
Avoiding using hand typed, unlinked information, when that information is available and already within the model.
-----
What result are you trying to achieve?
Attempting to link component quantity information into notes, annotations, etc. or any place required within an assembly drawing, or model PMI without having to hand type or create other home grown calculated means to collect the data when it already exists within the assembly model.