Can anyone explain me the logic behind "override dimension text" option?
Sometimes it's in the place, sometimes it's absent.
I cannot understand this behavior and reliably reproduce it.
PS. And by the way that known bug when shaded pdf export not working if you make a draft in parent part and there is a view of some component inside it is still there.
It's hard to say from the screenshot. But it be, that 1 is a driving and the other a driven dimension?
Frankly speaking I just made a sketch and then place a dimension. There was no option to override. Then I place another two dimensons to the sketch and then come back to the first one... Here it is!.. Hmmm!!???
I'm trying this in NX 11.0. but I do not see what you are seeing... I have 3 options:
1) You are now mentioning a Sketch, Actually in a Sketch (so not on a drawing/view), I do not have the option to override a dimension.
2) In a drawing, adding a dimenstion to a view on the drawing... before placing the dimension, looking at the style in the create dimension dialogue, I do not have the option to override the dimension.
3) After the dimension is placed, and I edit the style, I DO have the option to override the dimension, every time.
None of these options worked for me. The weird thing that worked was this:
1. Exit your sketch
2. Create the desired dimension. Leave it alone
3. Create the same desired dimension.
4. Right click, go to settings, go to text, format
Now the option to overide dimension text was available.
5. Delete original desired dimension...
I have no idea why it would work this way. Maybe has something to do with the second dimension becoming a driven not driving dimension. But with that logic, you would think that changing the dimension to driven would make it work, but it did not for me.
Hope this helps someone...
I'm new to NX (3 days).
I had the same issue, that I could not override the dimension, but I think I figured it out and I know why your workaround works for you.
The problem is that you have the "Inferred" option selected in the driving menu while placing your dimension.
Your first dimension is "Driving", which is not allowed to be override, by placing the same exact dimension it will be "driven" and now you can override this dimension.
NX seems to be weird, if the dimension was once in his lifetime "Driving" the override option won't be available even if you change it afterward.
So the solution would be to choose (before placing the dimension) the driven.