Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX - Electrical Routing - Schematics

Creator
Creator

Hi guys,

I would like to clearify some doubts about NX schematics.

1. Library Schematic wire/cable/connectors: Now I compile a file.desc each time for every part that i need. This is only way to compile a library part? There is a allternative route?
  2. Which are the rules to compile this file.desc and where i can see these rules?  I modify only some rows but i no have control on this.
  3. If I make a library in Electrical routing for the wire e cable .ptb ...and so on I can use them also in Schematics or I need to make another library in .desc for Schematics?
  4. Issue: I compiled this file.desc but when i load the hernaness in 3D Routing Electrical  the cable have the wire OD (1.39) and not  cable OD "9.0"...Where is the error?    (see attached file errore.desc)od issue.PNG
  5. Rotate function: When i use this button on the electrical board the connectors and text not follow the correct rotate. Also the movie electrical board.issue rotate.PNG There is a way to make magnetic connection between connectors and electrical board? 

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES

Re: NX - Electrical Routing - Schematics

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Daniele,

What are you using for schematics? Is this LTX ?

Regards

Kapil

Creator
Creator

Hi Kapil,

Yes. 

Siemens Phenom

Hi Daniele,

Unluckily i have very limited knowledge on the same. I have not worked on it for quite a time.

But all i can recollect is that the libraries in NX Electrical and in LTX are seperately managed. So  i guess the answer for the question "If I make a library in Electrical routing for the wire e cable .ptb ...and so on I can use them also in Schematics or I need to make another library in .desc for Schematics"  seems to be NO for me at least.  I only used for generating .cmp and .crn files from the schemtaics and use it for NX routing.

There should be some better integration solutions available with services/deployment team however so if possible please get in touch with your Siemens local contact on the same.

For point 5 ...are you using the latest LTX schematics update? Seems to be more of a bug to me.

Sorry i could not be of much help to you on this . Need to find someone on this forum  with good knowledge on LTX .

Best Regards

Kapil

Creator
Creator
Hi Kapil,

thanks alot for you time!! The comporison is fundamental!!!

Regards

Daniele

Siemens Phenom

Hi @daniele__88,

Regarding #4, check to see if the units in your Electrical Routing environment match the units of the data you're importing into NX.  By default, the UGII_ROUTING_KIT_UNITS is set to 'metric'.  You can see what unit has been set using an existing NX session by selecting: "File > Help > Log File" and search for UGII_ROUTING_KIT_UNITS.  Typically you'll see a factor of 25.4 difference between diameters, which is not what you're seeing, but it could be that you have multiple wires bundled together, so you're looking at a bundle diameter.

This variable is set here:

C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\UGII\ugii_env_ug.dat

#   Routing Units
UGII_ROUTING_KIT_UNITS=metric
#+ UGII_ROUTING_KIT_UNITS=inch

You can override the variable using the following file:
C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\UGII\ugii_env.dat

For example:

# This file should be used to override any standard NX environment variables.
# The values defined here will take precedence over the NX values. This file 
# will not be overwritten by an MR installation. 
#
# Override any variables here.
UGII_ROUTING_KIT_UNITS=inch

#

Alternatively, you can set the variable in your Windows Environment Variables.

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I noted that the Nx take the last OD of the conductors when I define the multiconductors and it doesn't take the OD defined in cable section.

Errore code.PNG

Thanks alot for your support !!!!

Regards,

Daniele