Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Electrode Design, drawing templates modification

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello,

Our NX customer would like to use his own EDM/CNC drawing templates in NX 11/12 Electrode Design. Attached pictures shows his requirements. The most important is EDM drafting and its automatic dimensioning the electrode position from MSET_CSYS to the CSYS at the bottom of the electrode. I know this reference CSYS can be defined in the blank template, but how can we force NX to create this auto dimensions?

The default NX EDM/CNC drawing templates appears to be quite uneditable from NX interface. Is it possible to obtain this templates with automatic dimensioning from user/GUI-level or it requires modification of NX code / KF?
Thanks for any help.

P.S. There is a Siemens manual  “Electrode Design Setup” from 2015, where a chapter concerning modification of the electrode drawing templates was planned. Is there a newer version of this document available, with this chapter completed?)

Best Regards,
Łukasz

3 REPLIES

Re: NX Electrode Design, drawing templates modification

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried the templates shipping with NX?

For the template of the electrode position the dimensions from the MSET are always created automatically by the electrode design software.

We do not use the template for the electrode blank drawing, but have our blank parts altered to include the drawing directly, where we already added all dimensions. This was done in NX 4 where we started to use electrode design, so it might no longer be needed to do so.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Yes, we have tried default NX templates. It creates automatically ordinate dimensions from MSET, but we need one additional automatic dimension to the bottom point of the electrode blank (see attached picture).

In case of electrode blank drawing your method could work. I'will check it. Thank you.

Best regards,
Łukasz

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I would check which objects the dimension is referencing. Then I would change the objects in the blank templates to reflect my intent.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide