Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX JT2GO

Pioneer
Pioneer

Does anyone have any experience using NX to export a JT file to JT2GO?

I have been supplying my shop floor with 3d JT files but there seems to be a major drawback when the user wants to make a measurment on the 3d model in JT2GO, the dimensions only show to 2 decimal places.  I would require 4 places and there is no setting to control this, and tips to control through the .ini or some othe background configuration method?

Mark

3 REPLIES

Re: NX JT2GO

Creator
Creator

I feel your pain.  The cheap/free software used to view JT files are very weak in regards to measuring. I have been researching this off and on for years. The best I have found is using Tetra4d 3DPDF software.  If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Pro, your cost is $996.  You only need to buy this for you, if you are the only one sending designs to the shop floor.  ANYONE can read your 3D PDF files with the free adobe reader.  They can section, measure, turn assembly components on/off, etc.  You can go up to 6 decimal places with Adobe.

Open the file i have attached and click tools, meausure.

To see measurement options click edit, preferences, Measuring 3D

(I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC)

Also, the Adobe 3DPDF converter read this UG assembly in and exported a PDF.  I do not have to export anything from UG.  I don't have to have the design open either.  Just open Adobe Acrobat, click create PDF, pick your 3d file, and it opens in Adobe.  You then save it as a PDF.

NX 9.0.3.4 MP6

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I thought 3D PDFs were dead and that Adobe was not suppporting or developing them? They were a great idea. We use JT files too but the viewers need more work.

Creator
Creator
3DPDF files are not dead. You are correct, Adobe stopped developing that technology. Tetra4D does a great job with it. When I started using 3D PDF files, the capabilities were included with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. After a while, you could no longer get the "Extended" software. Adobe made the announcement that they would no longer support the creation of 3DPDF files. In the same announcement I believe, there was a link to tetra4D software. There was also an upgrade path to obtain a free upgrade from Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended to Adobe Acrobat X Pro AND the Tetra 4D 3D PDF Converter. Tetra4D is continually updating the capabilities and translators. I pay maintenance on it to keep my Adobe Acrobat Pro and my 3D PDF converter software current. I believe maintenance is about $200 a year. I don't have NX10 loaded yet, but I just converted a 1.5GB NX9 design yesterday into an 11MB 3D PDF file to email it to a supplier. The supplier is then able to look at our design and determine what each component does as he CNC cuts the various details.
NX 9.0.3.4 MP6