Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Journal Error: file already exists

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Folks,

I have written a NX Journal file but still get  an error message. To solve it, I need your help.

The code is shown in the following. Summarised, it imports an .exp-file, adapts a parametric model according to its entries, exports an .exp-file and then saves and closes the .prt file.

However, I am still getting an error (see attached picture). It states, that a file in my tmp-directory C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\NXJournal already exists but I cannot find the mentioned folder or file.

I tried this with NX 11 and NX 9.0.2.5 and Win 7 and Win 10. Hope you can help me. Smiley HappyUnbenannt.png

' NX 9.0.2.5
' Journal created by me on Wed Mar 28 11:46:19 2018 W. Europe Daylight Time

Option Strict Off
Imports System
Imports NXOpen
Imports NXOpen.UF
Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel
Module NXJournal

Dim selObj As NXObject = Nothing

Sub Main (ByVal args() As String)
Dim theSession As Session = Session.GetSession()
Dim fileName As String
fileName=theSession.ExecutingJournal & "\..\..\01_NX_parts\scaling.prt"

'OPEN NX PART
Dim part1 As Part
part1 = theSession.Parts.OpenDisplay(fileName, Nothing)
Dim workPart As Part = theSession.Parts.Work()
Dim displayPart As Part = theSession.Parts.Display

'import expressions file -->
theSession.Preferences.Modeling.UpdatePending = False
Dim markId1 As Session.UndoMarkId
markId1 = theSession.SetUndoMark(Session.MarkVisibility.Visible, "Expression")
Dim expModified1 As Boolean
Dim errorMessages1() As String
workPart.Expressions.ImportFromFile(theSession.ExecutingJournal & "\..\..\02_NX_exchange_files\NX_import.exp", ExpressionCollection.ImportMode.Replace, expModified1, errorMessages1)
Dim nErrs1 As Integer
nErrs1 = theSession.UpdateManager.DoUpdate(markId1)

'export expressions file -->
workPart.Expressions.ExportToFile(ExpressionCollection.ExportMode.WorkPart, theSession.ExecutingJournal & "\..\..\02_NX_exchange_files\NX_export", ExpressionCollection.SortType.AlphaNum)

'save .prt-file
Dim partSaveStatus1 As PartSaveStatus
partSaveStatus1 = workPart.Save(BasePart.SaveComponents.True, BasePart.CloseAfterSave.False)
partSaveStatus1.Dispose()

theSession.Parts.CloseAll(BasePart.CloseModified.CloseModified, Nothing)
workPart = Nothing
displayPart = Nothing

End Sub
End Module

1 REPLY 1

Re: NX Journal Error: file already exists

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"However, I am still getting an error (see attached picture). It states, that a file in my tmp-directory C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\NXJournal already exists but I cannot find the mentioned folder or file."

The last line in the message is telling you the journal name and line number where the error occurs. The second line tells you that the error occurs when the .OpenDisplay method is called. It appears that you are trying to open a part file that is already open in the NX session. To avoid this error, check to see if the file of interest is already open in NX before attempting to open it.