Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Licensing Error

Creator
Creator

Hi Team,

Error:

There are no licenses available.

Either you are out of licenses or the UGS_LICENSE_BUNDLE environment variable is set incorrectly.

Please select File-->Utilities--> Select Bundles to properly set a license bundle or File--> Exit to shut down NX.

I am unable to connect to Enovia from NX in my WST but it works when tried some some other WST and no environment variables set in the other one related to this but it still works.

Please help me in fixing this.

Regards

Raghavendra Prasad

Senior Software Engineer

5 REPLIES

Re: NX Licensing Error

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

FIRST:

Take a look at the syslog file in your %TMP% folder

Format of the filename is (your username)(random letters/number).syslog

i.e. if your username is "RAGHU", then it might be "RAGHU1D3G4hj0.syslog"

- shut down all Siemens software (Teamcenter, NX, etc.)

- delete all *.syslog files in %TMP%

- try to start NX

- assuming you get the error, close NX

- There should be ONE *.syslog file

- compare this to a *.syslog where it works.

SECOND:

take a look at the log file from the Siemens License server

See if your username/computername show up

- If your username/computername does NOT show up in the license server log file, then there is either a network problem, or your UGII_LICENSE_FILE (older versions of NX) or UGS_LICENSE_SERVER (newer version of NX) or SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER (NX10 and up, I think) ENV variable is pointing to the wrong server

- if your username/computername DOES show up in the license server log file, then it should indicate why you got denied (wrong bundle or all licenses are already in use)

Hope this helps...Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

UGII_LICENSE_FILE   (NX2-NX4)

UGS_LICENSE_SERVER (NX6-NX8.5)

SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER (NX9-NX10

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello, landlord, this should be your license expired.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It could be the licenses are expired.

But at our company, this usually means all the licenses are in use.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello @Ken_A,

I was trying to rectify the license error on NX8.5 where it was showing license server down (UGS_LICENSE_SERVER) -96 error. When i was trying to look into the env variables in licensing tools it was showing only bundle settings option,,, rest of the other options like env settings, borrow settings are not visible on NX8.5 (and when i checked in my pc these options are visible on nx8.5 )So,again i've re installed nx8.5 the size that it was showing is around 720mb.Does the nx properly installed. I was infront of the system for like 5 hrs continiously and couldn't understood a bit where i was wrong.

and when i checked into the license file there it was mentioned a server name as the one of the pc name and there are only two pc's that are using this nx where one is working fine and in this pc name and license name are matching correctly and when i tried to connect with that pc server name to the pc i was finding this error where the it's showing the same error and splm license server and ugs license server both the options are there in env variables in advanced system setting for nx 8.5 it uses ugs lic server rite??could u help me with this where i was gng wrong or what parameters i need to check??? can anyone help me with this?