Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX MCD 12 Three Joint Coupler force issue

Creator
Creator

At the moment i´m trying to simulate a 2D roll-picker.

To get the required linear movements of the axes, I implemented two Three Joint Couplers, which calculate these movements out of the positions given by the two rotary actuators.

The movement for the axes is calculated with no problem, but it would be nice to get the resulting, required forces at the rotary actuator.

It seems like the Three Joint Coupler is not capable of doning this.

I already tried to calculate the resulting force back to the rotary PositionControls, but these additional applied forces lead to undefined behaviour of the Speed Controller.

Thanks for your Ideas!

5 REPLIES

Re: NX MCD 12 Three Joint Coupler force issue

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Christian

Have you tried putting a generic sensor on the actuator or the couplper? Maybe you can get the results from the generic sensor.

Regards

Paul

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I tried using a generic Sensor now but it seems like this does not resolve the problem. If I inspect the Coupler itself, I can see the forces at the linear axis, but not back on the rotary actuators.

I forgot to say, it would be nice to take a load curve and export it to Sizer .mdix format. This Option requires to set an axis as Source of the Moment. So I need to find a way, to transfer the forces back to the master and slave axis.

A simple logging of values could maybe be achieved by calculating back the values from the two linar joints, but then there is no sizer-compatible format...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Christian

I'll send an email to the MCD product manager to see if he can help with a solution.

Regards

Paul

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Christian,

aren't you also located at NGBM? If so you could simply come to me tomorrow so that we can have a closer look.

Would that work for you?

Thanks!

Regards,

Jochen

Creator
Creator

Thank you Paul, that´s nice. I think this is an important feature.

@JochenMerhofI´ll write a pn