Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Machinery Library x-tras

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

If you look in the full products download area, under NX, Product Updates, CAM, you will find a sip file called "CAM_Reuse_Library_Samples.zip".  It includes models of clamps, chucks, and other tooling that can be used with CAM as avoidance geometry.  The catch is, it's NOT setup to be imported into the reuse library via the Machinery Library Install Tool.

Also, a few years ago some part family files for sockets and open end wrenches was created (Maybe John Baker?)  I think I got them from the PLM World site, but they are no longer there.

So, I have edited the "libraries.properties" file from the Machinery LIbrary install tool, and added the required txt files for each of these libraries, so they can now be imported with the tool.  I have tested it in native, but have NOT tested with Teamcenter.  Once we get a stable test database I plan to, but don't for see any issues.  Files attached.

Swap the "libraries.properties" file, and put the CAM_Tooling.zip and Wrenches.zip files in the libs folder like you do with the other libraries, and use as you would normally.

The usual disclaimer, use at your own risk, I am not responsible, but I would appreciate feedback on anything you encounter.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1