Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Machinery Library

Builder
Builder

Hello !!

I’m using NX Machinery Library that I downloaded some years ago from NX website. I installed that library in HDD called D. I have actually installed NX 10 in HDD called C.

Also I had NX9.0 but I uninstalled it some days ago to recover some hard disk space. Soon I will installed NX 11 and will uninstalled NX 10 because don’t need it if I have a high version.

Having said that, when I’ve opened an assembly I see that some parts can’t open it like screws, springs, etc. The path of searching is CSmiley Frustratediemens/NX9.0/ugII. Obviously it can’t find that files because I’ve uninstalled NX9. I didn’t know that NX Machinery Library parts were stored in the program folder.

How can I make the parts keep them in the folder of my choice?

Thanks for any help

Jose C.

6 REPLIES

Re: NX Machinery Library

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You can change load options to "from search folders" then add the folder where you store your library.

Highlighted

Builder
Builder

hi,

Thanks for you reply. The folder that I store The library is OK. The problem is when selecting a part family template part to add as a component to an assembly and the choose Family member dialog is displayer I can't see the option to save that particular component in a folder of my choice.  The matching members of  NX Machine Library show me any family members that meet the criteria established based on the values atributes. When I choose which member of the part family to add to the asembly are stored in: C:\Siemens\NX 9.0\ ugII ,  when I using NX9 or  C:\Siemens\NX 10.0\ ugII, when I using NX 10 .....  I don't want to store in that folder. I mean, the assembly is store in a folder that I want, meanwhile the matching members that I use for the assembly is stored in the NX Program Folder

Hope my problem is understood.

Thanks

Jose C.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Is it perhaps that you need to define the "Part Family Save Directory" in the Customer Defaults?

Screenshot - 12_4_2017 , 8_26_47 AM.png

Regards, Ben

Builder
Builder

Hi,

thanks

I had the same Customer defaults your said me. WINDOWS: $UGII_TMP_DIR/ReuseLibraryFamilyMember

Now I've changed it to WINDOWS:  D/Family_parts

The outcome is the same. The part I use from the library is stored in C:\Siemens\NX 10\UGII

Probably is something that I have to write in Customer Defaults.

Jose C

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I re-read your posts and I wonder if this is related to the "Start in" path defined in your NX shortcut icon.  Right click the icon you use when you start NX and choose Properties.  On the Shortcut tab you'll find the "Start in" field, which by default is set to the UGII folder in your install path (E.g., "C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\UGII\").  Change this to your D:/Family_parts directory and see if that makes any difference.  If not, set it back to it's default value.

Builder
Builder

Hi,

Thanks and sorry for the delay in answering.

Your solution is correct!!. It has worked!.  I don't know it it will involve any other behaviour of NX, but it saves the elements of the part families in the desired folder.

Thanks for your help

Jose C