Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX_Mass attribute shows assembly weight

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

Is it possible that the NX_Mass attributes is showing the assembly weight instead of only the part weight?

Also by not having to use the advanced assembly license?

The NX_mass attributes will automatically be filled in by NX when using the save option 'generate weight data'.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions
3 REPLIES

Re: NX_Mass attribute shows assembly weight

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Is it possible that the NX_Mass attributes is showing the assembly weight instead of only the part weight?

Can you please mention some more details about it?

The NX_mass attributes will automatically be filled in by NX when using the save option 'generate weight data'.

If an assembly have only components not any solid geometry at root level then it will show only sum of component weights provided 'Generate Weight Data' is checked in Save Options. Now if any solid geometry is added to the root assembly part and save option is performed then it generates the mass attributes as per the settings present in customer default. 

For components it does not generate any weight data. I need to select the all components > RMB > Properties > Weight tab > Check the 'Update Data on Save' option and refresh the data by 'Update Weight Data Now' option.

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The assembly weight is only displayed in the ANT and OOTB cannot be assigned to an attribute.  You can use NX Open to write a custom program to do this.

Also by not having to use the advanced assembly license?

Yes, with a program this can be done.  The above program reads the MassPropMass in each component and assigns the value to MassPropMass in the assembly and does not need the advanced assembly license.

Yes.  This works for components that have material properties assigned to their geometry and (to the best of my knowledge) does not require the advanced assembly license.  It will not work with assemblies.

Regards, Ben

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Thanks for the replies.
I know that it was possible for components,
But it would be nice When you have an assembly that contains components with materials aasigned that the Maas attribute will also be filled.

@ ben I'll test your tool and let you know If it works.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions