Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NX Monthly Update (NX 1855) is available for download

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a lot, you are right. I am a beta tester, so I will wait until one week to see what's append Robot LOL

Regards

Didier

Experimenter
Experimenter

Any word on whats new with this release? I looked everywhere on the Siemens website, GTAC download area and even after installing 1855 in the help documents. No information on what's changed in 1855 release. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ok I just found it on the GTAC server

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://downloada.industrysoftware.automation.si...

No enhancements or anything new in the software according to the Monthly Update posted at the link above. 

Looks like it's a release to fix PR's

PR Fix list is located here:

https://downloada.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/product_download/ug/NX/NX_1847_Series/Docu...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Hi,

I read that there is no news in NX1855.

Regards 

Didier 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Correct from the posted information at the links I posted above, there are no new features/enhancements in 1855. 

This seems to be an update to fix PRs.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The monthly updates are only bug fix releases as it was always mentioned by the announcements.

Only the half year releases, currently January and July, will introduce new features, therefore they are called feature releases, as it was also mentioned in all the announcements and blog posts about the continuous release.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend
Really? From the announcements I (and probably many more) had an impression that some feature enhancements were going to be introduced every minior release. To reinforce this, with NX12 Siemens started to introduce feature enhancements with every MP. Moreover, we received one feature enhancement with the previous minore release. So I am pretty sure that it was planned to roll out feature enhancements with minor updates. If this is dropped, what are we left with? In the past, we had to download 1Gb roughly every two months to get bug fixes. Now we have to download 6.5Gb every month to get mere bug fixes? Where is the profit for the customers?

Phenom
Phenom

@Scaffold wrote:
 Now we have to download 6.5Gb every month to get mere bug fixes? Where is the profit for the customers?

Starting two week after ther first NX1847 update, Siemens PLM has released the cumulative update, an .msp file. You don't need to download the entire NX installation. For the two big update, as for NX12, you need to download the entire installation.

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Phenom
Phenom

Anyway, after 10 day of the Monthly Update announcement, NX still doesn't find any automatic update. Ten day are 1/3 of one month. Siemens PLM ( @BenBroad ) have you paid third-party server or are in Bangladesh ?

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Yeah, monthly bug fixes, and twice a year feature releases, is not what was implied in the marketing, although it is in the FAQ.  BUT, at the same time, the FAQ repeatedly says fixes and enhancements will be available without delay.  I guess "without delay", depends on your industry, and what you consider a delay Smiley Happy

...then again, the FAQ also says 

Q: Is the traditional NX release numbering changing with the Continuous Release?

A: Yes, with Continuous Release the vision is to remove the focus on release numbering as the ‘decoder ring’ from the mindset of customer in terms of perceived quality and deployment readiness. Each new release is purely “NX”.

and here we are, discussing NX1847, 1851, 1855, and when 1872 will be out Smiley Wink

-Dave
NX 11 testing NX1847+ | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10