Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NX New Icons.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@cowski1 I would be interested to know if you have attended beta or a user conference? I have not witnessed bias, I have however witnessed both satisfied and disgruntled users, more of the former I am happy to admit.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Paul_Bevan wrote:

@cowski1 I would be interested to know if you have attended beta or a user conference? I have not witnessed bias, I have however witnessed both satisfied and disgruntled users, more of the former I am happy to admit.

I have; shared an elevator ride with you in Detroit recently.

Bias can be very tough to spot; if everyone had a conscious bias and announced it during user testing, it would be much easier. But even that wouldn't eliminate confirmation bias...

Siemens Legend

@cowski1  Apologies, I do not recognise you from your username ;-).

Siemens Legend

@cowski1 I defer to your superior knowledge on bias. :-)

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

He's the definition of unbiased.  So much so that you can't remember him after seeing him in person. LOL

Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.7

Siemens Legend
Indeed although in my defence not sure he name badge would have said @cowski1. 😁😁

Sent from my iPhone
-----------------
Siemens Industry Software Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 3476850.
Registered office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Surrey, GU16 8QD.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'd have to wonder how many would complain about the icons in a test session as well.  And for the record, I have not attended a beta test ever, or a national user conference in years.  I attend the regional ones when they are close.  Cost being the overwhelming reason.

Like @cowski1 says, I have my doubts that the users would raise much of an issue during a demo, or beta test.  It is much easier to say, "hey, this doesn't work", or "this crashed" during a test, than, "the buttons are hard to tell apart, and it's taking me longer to get things done".  The first two are demonstratable, and there is a log file to suppot it.  The later is subjective, and it would be easy to anticipate that the official response will be something to the effect of, "you'll get used to it", "you're just stuck in the old way", "we did studies".  Is a user really going to bring it up? 

A quick bit of web research:

"On the mobile screens we tested, users were roughly 37% faster at finding items when visual indicat...

"Icons are fast to recognize at a glance (if well designed) — particularly true for standard icons t...

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

@Paul_Bevan wrote:

@TimF , good comments, as I mentioned we do garner feedback from customers both at user group events and also beta test so this is not done without thought of the end user, in fact there were user comments taken in to consideration and implemented after initial testing.  In my experience, apart from this thread, in all the customer/user events I get involved in I have had zero negative comments on the UI. As you rightly said UI refreshes will happen from time to time  and feedback like this from yourself and others is valued.

As a Siemens employee, I understand that you have to defend the work of your colleagues or your choices, but you can't lie in public.
This is not the first time users have complained about these icons.
95% complained in August 2018 with two topics.
The same percentage in the preview phase and twice here.
I would like to know, if any, those people who have not complained about the new icons at your meetings. You say you listen and it's another lie because you're going in the direction you've chosen, the proof is that the gray icons have increased compared to 1847. Not everything is wrong, but the wrong one is indecent.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Legend
I will give you the benefit of the doubt as English is not your mother tongue, but I do not take kindly to being called a liar on a public forum, END OF CONVERSATION.

Sent from my iPhone
-----------------
Siemens Industry Software Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 3476850.
Registered office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Surrey, GU16 8QD.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hey @Paul_Bevan , during Siemens research into the new icons, did you do any user eye tracking, to compare the old vs. new icons?   Specifically, how long does the eye move around, before locking in on the icon to click it?  I've been talking to our driver coach/trainer Smiley Happy

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10