Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NX New Icons.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@DaveK I would have to speak to the development team as I do not have the data. From a personal point of view I have not noticed any difference, but am sure you would expect me to say that ;-).

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I've just noticed users complaining to me, so I pass it upstream!

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Having similar issues...can't make sense of my NX635[7th century BC] icons...? 

NX635 BC.png

Glad to see our maintenace fees are put to good use Smiley Mad

Kal.

NX 9.0.3.4 MP12 | PB 9.0.3.2 | NX11.0.2.7 MP13 | PB 11.0.2 | VERICUT 7.3.4

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Full monochrome, I like it.Smiley Wink

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

@cowski1 - since I am the person that runs the usability tests that PaulB is referring to, I can confirm that testers have no problem giving negative feedback! ;-) That is why we do early testing, so we can address issues before releasing.

Phenom
Phenom

@cowski1 

People who pay to attend a user group or beta test (time and/or money) will not provide an unbiased opinion of the "new stuff".

Not exactly true.

I've talked to product managers and upper management about the OOTB look and feel of NX on several beta testing occasions. (use of colors and fonts in templates, icons, roles, plotting vs. printing etc.) Rest assured I don't always say things they want to hear. If I don't like it I told them so. But at the same time I try to give suggestions to do better.

One thing they definitely did right this time; all icons that have an isometric/trimetric view are redesigned to be consistent. That used to be a mess.

What the colors concerns... I also complain. The color pallet should get a bit wider and less grayish. But then again I'm not waiting to get the full rainbow pallet either.

-both light blue and orange should become a bit darker (to stand out better against a light grey or white background)

-bring back the purple in synchronous icons ( this will also reflect the use of synchronous tools in the part navigator feature list! )

-bring back some colors for basic operations (e.g. green for extrude)

-bring back differentiating colors in the navigator tab icons

-bring back differentiating colors for file status icons in the assembly navigator.

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX1867 Mach Designer
on Win10 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

Phenom
Phenom

@Paul_Bevan wrote:

Full monochrome, I like it.Smiley Wink

great humor Man Wink

...but you should have used a GRAY emoji Man Very Happy