Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX/Open UI Styler

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

One of our user got an error as attached and it mentioned as NX/Open User Interface Styler development module. I am curious that being an designer when we would need such module to work. I checked to some extent and came to know that this is advanced level development module, it looks like a part of programming as well. What would be the capability of this module and how it is helpful for a designer?

NX_err.JPG

Regards

Jay

3 REPLIES

Re: NX/Open UI Styler

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

You are correct in your assumption that this is really intended for users developing custom code.

In fact I would be interested how/when your user got this pop up.

Basically it allows you as a programmer to build dialogs that look like NX with common NX blocks etc. such that if you developed your own custom application it would look and behave as if it was part of the system, so your users wouldn't be faced with different UI on home developed programs.

It's part of our suite of NX Open tools.

So, would be interested how they got here...

Regards

Paul Brown

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

"So, would be interested how they got here..."

That's easy. Turn on the developer ribbon and click on the "Block UI Styler" icon. If you don't have a license, that is the warning message that appears.

I'd guess that the user was exploring the developer ribbon and stumbled across this message.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

I am hoping that is the case and it's not popping up on some function.  Which then marks the call closed as "User Curiosity" rather than a problem.  :-)

Paul