Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX PMI dimensioning/tolerancing

Pioneer
Pioneer

I was wondering if there is any option in NX to automatically apply dimensions to features?  Since that can be a pretty vauge task I would more speciffical be interested in providing ordinate dimensions on circular and linear feature?  Is this something that can be done out of the box ar is this a customization task?

Also, I find that in both PMI dimensioning and traditional dimensioning the biggest time killer is the application of tolerances to dimensions.  Since I reuse many components and wave-link/subtract  for pocketing is there anyway to assign tolerancing to a feature?  Also if it could be assigned to a feature could it be communicated to corresponding cuts produced by wave-link/subtract operations?

Thanks,

Mark Ura

2 REPLIES 2

Re: NX PMI dimensioning/tolerancing

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Well we do support Hole Callouts for things like threaded holes as well as the various clearance hole styles.  And there are things like the Hole Table which is a kind of 'auto-dimensioning' of features.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Re: NX PMI dimensioning/tolerancing

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thnat is true and the features you mention are used daily, however the tolerancing issue would be a great time save.  Especially for reuse parts that are stored in our own reuse library.  Being able to apply dimensional tolerancing to faces/features for downstream could be a really great enhancment.

Mark