Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NX-Routing Run Naviagtor

I need to ask how I can get more information about the run navigator in NX routing and how to I export and import runs from other 2D software in an xml format. I am investigating the interface between 2D P&ID and NX mechanical routing. Kindly assist me if any one knows about this topic. I am using NX9
17 REPLIES

Re: NX-Routing Run Naviagtor

Hi,

You can use XML format for importing run definitions in NX routing.

(1) Right click in run navigator and select "Import Runs"

(2) Or use "Menu→Tools→Run Navigator→Import Runs"

Best Regards

Kapil Sharma

Thank you for your reply.

In my Siemens NX, I am not apply to activate this function. when Iam clicking on it, Iam not getting any respond I guess this is something that has to do with NX Schematics ??.

can you please share a picture of the same.

Best Regards

Kapil

Is there special process have to be running in the background ? users rights for example or sometning !!

Hi,

You can choose a directory (containing XML file) after clicking Import Runs.

It will automatically choose the xml file.

Regards

Kapil

Yah but I am not getting any file to choose the directory from. Its like I am not clicking, no action.

Hi,

Try keeping a valid xml file in the directory. Then when you will select the directory you need not select the xml file (it will be done automatically).

To check if the xml file is valid or not (schema) search for the PipeRuns.xsd file and refer to it (open this file in notepad).

Best Regards

Kapil

Thank you alot of helping me. However, I am not getting to the step of selecting the directory, when I am click on import run, the screen is the same. I am not able to get to the point to select a directory.

Can you kindly, assit me if there is any process in the background ?