Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Schematics

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Anyone know anything about this?  I've heard it's a stand alone tool from a Siemens partner, but I've also been told it runs as part of the routing package.  This makes it sound like both.

http://www.sova.sk/Documents/File/Prospekty%20k%20NX/NX%20Mach%20series%20-%20pridavne%20moduly.pdf

I was given the impression from our sales contact, that it was standalone, so our electrical guys wouldn't have to get into full blown NX, but I have no clue on how I would launch it?

Any insight?

-Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10
10 REPLIES

Re: NX Schematics

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Dave,

there are two option:

• NX Routing Logical, which belongs to the Routing modules. Its primary focus are logical layouts, kind of PID (process and instrumentation diagrams). Starting it by choosing "All Application-Routing-Logical". You will also find the documentation in the NX Help
  • the other one is NX Schematics which comes from our partnerLTX Software Inc. It is a separate installation file and has its own license bit. Also documentation is separate. You may contact Keith Anderson from LTX for s/w and evt. test license.
    mailto:kanderso@ltxsi.com

I hope this helps

Regards,

Mike

Genius
Genius
sorry for "hijacking" this question but we have some user demanding for "R+I Schemata drawing" and as far as I have seen NX schematics can do this, right?
Are there any (satiefied) users? Or is a special tool e.g. like FluidDraw from Festo "always" better?

Requirements are:
* a good data base of standard pneumatic components
* easy Placement and associative Connection
* user defined Addition to the database possible
* easy and automatic creation of BOM tables
* if possible the same title block like in "normal" drawings
* (automatic description of the connectors 1, 2, 11, 12 etc.)

Does anyone have any expierience and can tell me if These requirements are covered?

regards,
Josch

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi Josch

It is bether to do everything in one System ok. NX Schemstics can to this all for you. You also get a direct interface to Routing Electrical and Mechanical.
Either Contact LTX oder the Partner of them Cad-Oases (www.osses.ch) which are experts for more than 20 Years..

Genius
Genius

It is not a current topic for us anymore but we had a look at it and we were very disapointed...

The program really "feels" outdated 20 years...

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

Best ever tool ( cheap and very efficient ) with the unique and only electrical and mechanical integration you would or can not belive. I know this very well and can only remomend it to anyone...

Roland

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi

i would wait what happens there. Siemens bought Mentor Graphics and showed some videos at the whats news which let me hope that it turns out good.

Schematics is well also, but old fashioned and in my opinion the waited to long to bring it to the future

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi

I had some Talk to Mentor and Mentor is in another World and will never be able to be so good and efficient in the Wiring / 3D Harness world. Mentor will never have a Integration from schematics to 3D Routing like Schematics now have.. now way,,,
Mentor is a complete different System, needs a extra Database and when it comes to cost it is factors more expensive then schematics.

I don't know what Version of Schematics you know. Today we create whole Aircraft Wiring in Schematics, build all 3D harness directly from it, to changes all inside one system, create Formboards for the production and save all relevant Data in TC.
Just here in Europe we have 4 Aircraft Builder that uses exactly this process, very efficient, easy to use, " ALL IN ONE SYSTEM" and very cheap in deed.

For the last 20 Years a only to Schematics and Routing and today Schematics is a full leading System and up-to-date System in the Wiring World. I even won benchmarks with is against Zuken E3. Mentor also can not do more or less than Schematics, never has a I3D Routing Integration like Schematics, need extra Database and is much more expensive. So I ask you, why should you pay more for a system that is not fully integrated into NX, needs a extra Database and does not have a 3D Routing Integration like Schematics ??

I do really recommend NX-Schematics to all NX Customers that like to do Wiring Schematics and 3D Routing ( electrical and mechanical ) with an up-to-date System that is very efficient, cost inexpensive with the leading 3D Routing Integration.

Today you can really only be very efficient and keep your cost under control if you " DO EVERYTING IN ONE SYSTEM"

regards

R. Hofmann

Cad-OasEs Int. GmbH
Lettenstrasse 7
CH-6343 Rotkreuz ZG
Tel: 041 511 54 10
Handy: 079 485 7810
Fax: 041 511 54 19
e-mail: rhofmann@oases.ch
Homepage: www.oases.ch

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello Roland,

first at all sorry. I would not talk bad about the software. I agree with you now. Im a victim of miss informations and my meaning what i have seen 5 years ago at a plant in germany.

As i said before, i agree with the inexpensive tool. And it is configurable.

Sorry again if i made you mad and self defending .

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi

No worries... I never felt that I had to defend myself... OK..

I just wrote some facts and figures about the status Quo in 2018...

Regards,, have a nice Day.. and enjoy your weekend..

Roland

Cad-OasEs Int. GmbH
Lettenstrasse 7
CH-6343 Rotkreuz ZG
Tel: 041 511 54 10
Handy: 079 485 7810
Fax: 041 511 54 19
e-mail: rhofmann@oases.ch
Homepage: www.oases.ch

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Achtung: Dieses E-Mail kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sind Sie nicht (einer) der im E-Mail aufgeführte(n)
Empfänger oder ist aus den Umständen klar, dass Sie nicht (einer) der bestimmungsgemässe(n) Empfänger sind,
dann ist es Ihnen verboten, die Nachricht zu lesen, zu kopieren oder zu verteilen. Bitte informieren Sie uns
unverzüglich über den Empfang und löschen Sie die Nachricht. Ansichten und Meinungen, welche in der Nachricht
vorkommen könnten, können nur dem Autor des E-Mails und nicht Cad-OasEs Int. GmbH zugerechnet werden, ausser
es wird ausdrücklich darauf aufmerksam gemacht. Wir unternehmen alles was in unserer Macht steht, die Anhänge
Virus Frei zu verschicken. Sollte es dennoch passieren das unvorhergesehene Virus mit diesem Mail Schaden bei
Ihnen anrichten, kann weder der Sender noch die Fima Cad-OasEs Int. GmbH dafür verantwortlich gemacht werden.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE: The contents of this email (including any attachments) may be privileged and confidential. Any
unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please advise us
immediately (you can contact us by telephone on +41 41 511 54 10 ) and then permanently delete this email together
with any attachments. We appreciate your co-operation. Whilst Cad-OasEs Int. GmbH endeavours to take reasonable
care to ensure that this email and any attachments are free from viruses or other defects, Cad-OasEs does not
represent or warrant that such is explicitly the case.

(C) 2002: Cad-OasEs Int. GmbH (Switzerland ) and its affiliates