Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Section- Show only one quadrant

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello

Is there a way to show only one quadrant (modeling mode) of the part and save it in a different section name / view name so that when I click on it it brings me that defined quatrant  ?

Thanks !

NX10.0

4 REPLIES

Re: NX Section- Show only one quadrant

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Do you mean that show the section of 1/4th portion of part (Quadrant) only and save the section? Is that part symmetric about X,Y,Z axes?

You can use 'Extract Geometry' command with type as 'Body' to extract the 'Associative' copy of the model. Trim the unwanted portions of the extracted body. Use 'Create Section' or 'Create Lightweight Section View' as per your need.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @sathya,

It almost sounds like you're looking to manage sections.  See if this page in the online documentation helps you.  You can define multiple sections in a part and manage them in the Assembly Navigator.  Double clicking a section updates the part to display it as that section was saved.

If this does not help you you're going to have to give us a little more information.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks @BenBroad, @GaneshKadole

But I was looking more like creating a section view with 2 dums (Say creating a section to show the part' features between 2 perpendicular/Angular planes).

Creating a extract body and triming it would do, but it additionally creates one more solid in my feature tree, and I don't want that.

Is it possible in NX to achieve it ?

Thanks

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

The Box type section should give you something close to the two perpendicular datums that you're looking for.  Existing ER 7693887 requests an Angle type.

Regards, Ben