Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Weldment Cut List

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Does anyone know if NX versions 9 to 11 has a feature similar to Solidworks' Weldment Cut List?

Thanks in advance!

Jake
8 REPLIES

Re: NX Weldment Cut List

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Sorry i am still not sure this is going to help but STRUCTURE WELDING is something you can look into. I had a very brief exposure to it so could not help you much on this but if i am not wrong then we made various enhancements in NX11 for it.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help/#uid:xid1128421:index_structure_weld 

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Please have a look to this NX Application.

At the end there is something that can be similar to what you are looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTSw3fEFNc 

Beppe Grimaldi
SPLM Italy

Phenom
Phenom

NO! Not even close.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Siemens Phenom

@mike_fdo,

I believe @UOA was referring to this part of the movie (starts playing at 5:51), where you can see the NX FRAME Part List, which looks similar to this movie showing the Solidworks cutlist in action.  I fail to see how this is 'not even close', so maybe you can explain why.

NX (OOTB) has similar capabilities in Routing - you can insert a Routing Bill of Materials.

"Special attributes are used to compute and report cut lengths and standard quantity lengths."

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

@BenBroadBen,

My understanding is, it was referring to native NX software package as SWx offers.

If I'm not mistaken, the video is from a 3rd party/add-on/Special licenced software. Please correct me if I'm worng.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Siemens Phenom

@mike_fdo,

You are correct.  NX FRAME is a 3rd party solution for NX.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone for your input!  Greatly appreciated!  

I was more interested in an OOTB solution.  I will poke around routing as we hold a license for this feature.

Thanks!

Jake

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

This little App was originally developed for Machinery Customers that use NX for its strong points:

- Capability in Large Assembly

- Capability in Mechatronics

- Routing

- Performances

- BOM Management & Configuration eith TC

- CAE

... etc

so, these customers want to leverage the power of NX for the core of their product development (that in fact is mechatronics, 3D Layout, etc)

Frames and Carpentry are not - indeed - a core product for a Machinery Company... but, instead, it's just complementary.

this App is really fast, reliable for the work that is requested to deliver and it's not expensive at all.

Beppe Grimaldi
SPLM Italy