Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX and Teamcenter ID numbers

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

NX 9.0.2 and Teamcenter 10.0.2

In the attached, is there anyway to get NX to display the Descriptive Part Name, instead of the Teamcenter assigned ID, which means nothing to me?  I've been able to change it in the title bar, and the assy navigator, but not here yet.

TcNumberHoverOver.jpg

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 testing NX1847+ | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4

Re: NX and Teamcenter ID numbers

Phenom
Phenom

This is an option.  If you right click on the component and go into properties you can set your own call for each component under the general tab.  You could probably write a custom code to do this with all of your parts in your assembly.  I hope this helps a little.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

you can set up a column in the Assembly navigator to call an attribute.

db_part_name should be the one that calls the descriptive name.

Capture.PNG

Martyn, Principal CAE Engineer, Renishaw PLC
NX12 Tc12

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

File > All Preferences > Assemblies

Descriptive Part Name Style: Change the pull down menu from File Name to Specified Attribute.  For the Attribute field, enter "DB_PART_NAME" or any other desired attribute.

This will be reflected in many other areas throughout the NX UI, such as Assembly Constraints and Window > More, to name a few.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Ben...I swear I tried that, but it seems to have done the trick now.  Thanks!

@BenBroad wrote:

File > All Preferences > Assemblies

Descriptive Part Name Style: Change the pull down menu from File Name to Specified Attribute.  For the Attribute field, enter "DB_PART_NAME" or any other desired attribute.

This will be reflected in many other areas throughout the NX UI, such as Assembly Constraints and Window > More, to name a few.

-Dave
NX 11 testing NX1847+ | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10