Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NX is available for download

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Dear Siemens PLM Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that the latest product release of NX is now available for download from the Siemens PLM download server. 

Download Structure Change  

Please note that the structure of the product download folders for NX have been updated to reflect a continuous release methodology. Refer to SFB-NX-8007639 for overall download structure changes.

Download of NX on Windows 64-bit

Please use the following steps to download the NX product release and its documentation.
Note: A valid WebKey account is required. 

• In your browser's address field enter the URL: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/
    Login using your WebKey username and password

• From the Download page, enter "SiemensNX-1847_wntx64" (including the quotes) in the Search field to return a list of links for the Release Letter and the Release Packages.  
  • Alternatively the NX product release can be found using file navigator by entering NX into the Product Filter Feature on the left of your browser and then navigating through the NX directory structure as follows:

Screenshot - 1_18_2019 , 2_56_27 PM.png

• Note:  When an NX series is replaced by a newer version, the previous version will be moved to the "NX Support" folder.  For example, when NX 1847 is replaced it can be downloaded similar to how NX12 is shown below, from the NX Supported folder:

Screenshot - 1_18_2019 , 2_57_46 PM.png

• To download the NX product:    
    • Right click on the Release Package files 
    • Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" to save the files to your local destination
    • Note:  Three separate files must be downloaded for the NX full product release package:
      • SiemensNX-1847_wntx64.zip
      • SiemensNX-1847_wntx64.z01
      • SiemensNX-1847_wntx64.z02

Please refer to the README file with the download for instructions on extracting the main zip file.

• The NX documentation can be found using file navigator by entering NX into the Product Filter Feature on the left of your browser and then navigating through the NX directory structure as follows:

Screenshot - 1_18_2019 , 2_58_59 PM.png

Please refer to the README file for instructions on installing the documentation.

In all cases, please refer to the supplied README files for installation instructions. 

More information regarding this NX release can be found in the following help topics:

Download of NX on Linux 64

Interactive NX and Simcenter 3D mode will no longer be supported on Linux.  There will be a new product called NX Batch that will only run in batch mode on the Linux Operating System.   

NX Batch product announcement will be at a later time, and a separate SFB will be issued.

About NX

Our latest version of NX removes barriers to innovation and empowers engineers to quickly achieve optimal design solutions by utilizing their full creative potential.  This release marks the introduction of our new Continuous Release delivery strategy making it easier for you to stay current with NX and to gain the benefits of the hundreds of end-user CAD/CAM and CAE enhancements that will increase your productivity.

Building on major enhancements introduced in NX 12, such as Convergent Modeling™, our latest release delivers refined tools that support the generative engineering workflow by allowing direct manipulation of scanned or optimized facet geometry and increased levels of reuse of facets in applications such as CAM and Simcenter 3D. To support the increasing adoption of additive manufacturing, this release combines advanced tools with traditional modeling methods for designing lightweight parts, reinforcing the new capabilities with custom design validation checkers that ensure manufacturability. With an increased emphasis on the use of 3D annotation and Model Based Definition approaches to sharing design intent we are pleased to offer a new solution for Technical Data Package (TDP) creation.  The TDP can contain JT and 3D-PDF data along with ancillary content to deliver a single package that can be delivered to your partners and suppliers.

Together, with hundreds of additional enhancements in Simulation and Manufacturing, this new functionality will bolster NX's standing as the design tool of choice.

If you encounter any problems during this installation, please contact your local Siemens PLM Software support office

For current information about NX including News, Events, Case Studies, Software Updates and User Group activities please visit our website by selecting the following links:

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/nx/
          http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/gtac.shtml 

Sincerely,

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc. 
Industry Sector 

35 REPLIES 35

Re: NX is available for download

Phenom
Phenom

up and running Smiley Happy

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 12.0.2.9 Mach Designer
on Win10 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Anyone else having trouble with the license for NX (1847 series)?

I've been part of the Beta & EAP for 1847 and was running the latest version license service.

Overnight I downloaded 1847 and also got emailed by license.

I replaced the EAP license with the new permanent one and get the "the version of the server_id feature is incompatible with the application's product version [-10097]".

I removed the license service, installed the new one from the download of 1847 and that made no difference.

The license I have shows V12 in the descriptive field at the top, 32.0 on the server_id line (as well as in all the NX features in the license).

Logging into GTAC or PartnersXpress shows I only have a NX12 license to download (permanent or emergency).

I presume it's a license problem. Anyone else had the same issue?

2019-01-20_6-50-16.jpg

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Anthony,

My license says

"Version: 1847"

and

ugslmd 33.0

Maybe you can try to download your license instead of using the e-mailed version.

... I also just tried the download site; it stops at version 12...

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 12.0.2.9 Mach Designer
on Win10 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Frank,

You've confirmed what I suspected. Same at my end, I can only see NX12 licenses for download.

Stupid thing is all our customer licenses are emailed to me, so all the ones I received overnight won't work for 1847 either.

Just have to wait to Monday for our Siemens licensing people to assist.

PhoenxPLM

Solution Partner Phenom
Issue has gone away. Someone at Siemens must have realised as I received a new license via email for 1847 that now works.
PhoenxPLM

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Reading thru the install doc, and there is a section regarding Installing as an Upgrade to a Previoius Version, and it reads, "NX (after January 2019) can be installed as an upgrade of NX (January 2019 and later) if NX has been previously installed on the workstation.".  I'm reading that as, if I have anything prior to NX 1847, I need to do a traditional uninstall, and then install NX1847 (assuming I don't want multiple versions on the machine).  Correct?  but subsequent updates can be just that, without the uninstall, correct?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Correct.

The first esclamation was "finally"

after that I :

Downloaded

Installed

Tried

Unistalled

Sayd to my boss to stop paying for maintenance

The user interface remember me cold war, it's very sad and ugly but ok, I must to work, no making a tour in a museum.
No possibility for autosave (again)
don't tell me NX user don't want it, offcourse maybe the users that work on huge assembly don't want to lose time for autosaving, but Nx user use only Huge assemblies? I do not think so

No possibility for save for previous version (again)
"There is new commands and it's impossible to translate for previous version.....bla bla bla"
for example, you could create a body for feaures that are not compatible with previous versions...but yes so I would not be forced to upgrade to new release 

And for my bundle basically no new command really usefull.
This version has been described to us as a revolution .... it seems an Italian revolution where everything changes without changing anything

Very disappointed 

After 1 hour of working freezed on x-form command- 1 hour lost

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Speziali_Bruno 

Not sure if you know:

There is a save reminder that can be turned on. You can specify the duration from 0 (turned off) to 120 minutes.

Look into the customer defaults.

Maybe you should consider to do it this way in the future:

- First look into the online docs whats new guide

- Then see if there are advantages to you

- Then decide if you install this release

There have been quite some changes, for me convergent modeling and PMI compare are the big highlights. Sorry to hear that there is nothing for you.

Johannes