Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX is in condition where files may become corrupt ?

Genius
Genius

Hello

"NX is in condition where files may become corrupt" ?

• Do I press Yes or No ? What is this ?
  • I starting to believe NX is not a good product. Using it for 5 months and it always pops up errors ?
  • NX hire programmers that do better job ? Or hire me for testing it is so buggy ?

NX what to press.jpg

9 REPLIES

Re: NX is in condition where files may become corrupt ?

Phenom
Phenom

Hello, before saying that NX is not a good product looks to errors you are committing.
That message appears when someone else (or you in another session) opened and saved the file to disk. A further saving could produce errors.

Ciao

Cesare

Genius
Genius

I have only 1 pc NX 9.0 open. Inventor never caused problems.

Phenom
Phenom

How many session of NX have you opened?

Highlighted

Legend
Legend

I've only seen that error a couple of times in the last few  years.

A part cleanup usually takes care of it. But I'll export what I can just in case.

Go through the part navigator and clear out or fix anything red. then run the part part cleanup utility.

Are you running the latest MR? also review the MP notes to see if some of your issues are fixed.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.1 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:nothing.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Genius
Genius

I think it is the old NX 9. I pressed "No"-button and the files are OK. Rush at work ( The large assembly was not corrupted. Saved. )

• Restarted computer and now all OK.

The company should buy NX 11 but it uses the old 9 version.
Is the NX 11 not compatible with 9.0 ?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I've noticed these type of errors, more with new users.  I have no data to back this up, but I think their experimenting, trying things, undoing things, etc., is the cause.  They also don't use "part cleanup" nearly as often as I do, then again, there probably aren't many that do, BUT i find these issues are pretty rare.  Before I save, I do a "part cleanup", and as a reminder, I have the button right next to the "save work part only" button.

PartCleanUp.JPG

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"Is the NX 11 not compatible with 9.0 ?"

Newer versions of NX can open and work with files from older versions; however, no NX version can open a file from a newer version. In other words, NX 11 will be able to open and modify your NX 9 files just fine but you cannot open a file that has been saved in NX 11 on NX 9.

Legend
Legend
Some companies "have" to stay at the version their customers are using...
In my case we have a lot of customers that use NX, all different versions, since I rarely have to send data to the OEM I usually run whatever the latest version file I get from an OEM. I'm running NX10

GM and FCA are still sending NX9, GE sends NX10 and I just received an NX11 file from Daimler. While I have nx11 installed I haven't migrated to it yet. Probably March 1st.

to see if you are eligible to download other releases, Hit Help ->about -> system info. everything is there access the download server.. Sold to ID and webkey access code. Unless your administrator locked that info out.
Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.1 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:nothing.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think NX is a very good software, very powerful and I am very happy with it.. but I also think that1213144 partialy right, I have also worked with other softwares and I think NX contains a lot of strange things and programing mistakes. For example I use a lot promote body because some things only can be done with this command and also because it is very powerful, but I have a lots of problem with it (constraings with other parts go crazy if I make changes, sections views don't show some lines...), with holes is the same, a lot of mistakes with depth options if you go till a same diameter hole, a surface that is not totally crossed, referenced hole in drafting dont work in a lot of situations (holes on curved surface, holes in promoted bodies, holes with errors but well constructed in 3D)... I think some polishing in many commands is needed but I also think they are already doing that (correcting a lot of mistakes) on the last few releases.