Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX mechanical routing add control point

Creator
Creator

I'm using the spline path and transforming the path to route elements in Mechanical Routing. Is there a way to add a control point after the spline has been created? IE: If I create the path with 3 points, I'd like to add more points to add more control. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: NX mechanical routing add control point

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

For a studio spline in modeling, turn on the "point on curve" snap point then select a point on the spline. This will create a new control point (a pole or a through point depending on the spline) that you can then move around as desired.

I'd guess that routing splines work the same way, though I'm not 100% certain on that...

Re: NX mechanical routing add control point

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Cowski is correct regarding the "Point on Curve" snap point setting. After transforming the path, double click the Spline Path (or right click the Spline Path and select Spline Path from the pop-up menu). With "New Point" highlighted in the list of points on the Spline Path dialog and "Point on Curve" selected on the Snap Point settings (selection toolbar), select along the Spline Path where you want to the new point to be positioned. You can immediately move the point to manipulate the spline and it reorders the point within the List of points on the Spline Path dialog. All the time that New Point is active on the dialog you can continue to add new points to the path.

Regards, Ben