Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX .pax file doesn't work

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

I add my drawing template in NX 11, changing the .pac file and it works well but when I try to do that in the same way on other computer I can not see any template. Do you have any idea to solve it? In link bellow I add this .pax file which I edit and .prt file.

files.cador.pl/template_inmate.prt

best regards

6 REPLIES

Re: NX .pax file doesn't work

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Take a look at the log file and they will usually show which .pax file it is reading and if can or cannot find the files in the .pax file. That would be a good place to start.

Scott

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Are you separately customizing each system?

If so (and you have a network share that both systems can see) I would recommend you download & use the "NXCustom" setup (see thread pinned to the top of the "NX programming & customization" forum)

Read the "read me" at the top level.

using this, you only have to customize ONCE, and everyone sees it :-)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @lukipap,

If you're placing the pax files in a custom, shared location you will need to point the workstations to that location by editing the variable UGII_TEMPLATE_DIR.  The value for this variable is the path to the directory where the templates are saved.

Documentation: Standard new part templates

Regards, Ben

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Hi @BenBroad

but if I have no this variable should I create it? Because on other workstation I have not this varible as well and tepates works well.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Where are the templates?   are they on a shared network location, or local on each computer?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @lukipap,

In your original post you state that you "can not see any template".  Are none of your templates showing, or is it just your custom template that's not showing?

Based on what we do know (and some small assumptions):
1) You have a workstation with your custom template stored in %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGII\templates\
2) Your "template_inmate.prt" is a metric drawing file.
3) Based on (2) I'll assume you edited one of the entries (or created a new one) in "ugs_drawing_templates.pax".
4) You copied both "template_inmate.prt" and "ugs_drawing_templates.pax" into %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGII\templates\ on the second workstation.

Using the above steps you should see your template, having restarted NX on the second workstation.

Make sure that the "Unit" pull down on the File > New dialog is set to All (or Millimeter).

You do not need to set the variable (I assumed you would be sharing the files with other users over the network).
On the second workstation select "File > Help > Log File" and search the log file for "template_inmate.prt".  This might give you a clue why the template is not listed (consider posting this portion of the log file to this thread if it doesn't make any sense).

Regards, Ben