Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX routing. How to create a bend report to manufacture a tube part.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I need the general guide lines on how to create a tube model that I can extract a bend report from in either XYZ or YBC format. I have created the model, but when I try to create a report in routing, it will not do anything. Will not let me select any thing.

7 REPLIES

Re: NX routing. How to create a bend report to manufacture a tube part.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Did you create the "tube model" using Mechanical Routing commands?  Take a look at the attached and see if it helps.

Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

Michael,

As Ben has mentioned - the bend report will only work if you have:-

1.created the path using routing curves (as shown in his video) and also

2. Used a predefined routing stock model (also shown in the video)

If you have done step 1 but not step 2 then you will not be able to select the route curves (cue line states - select routing stock). If for some reason you have not used a true routing stock but instead used a tube feature or modelled sweep you can define a space reservation type stock via the dialog as a means of then being able to get the bend report to work,.i.e., you will be able to pick the newly created sweep defined by the space reservation stock for your bend report. You can then delete the space reservation stock once you have your bend report.

The use of space reservation as stock really is just a workaround for when people haven't used the mech routing module as designed. Best method is to get all your tube/pipe materials defined in the part library first. One time pain for years of gain :-)

Geoff

Geoff Donohoo

NX10.0.3.5 & TC 10.1.4.2
Dell T3600 32Gb Ram, Nvidia Quadro 4000
Windows 7

Pioneer
Pioneer

I cannot open the attached file. So I am unable to view the video.

I have tried creating my curves and lines in routing but when I select the stock I get an error.

"Bend Report does not support Route BCurves except S-Bend type of Route BCurves." What does this meen and how can I correct it?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

WinZip should uncompress the file I uploaded.  Alternatively, download a free compression utility called 7zip.  The file I uploaded was compressed using that utility.

http://www.7-zip.org

Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Michael,

Based on the error message I'd say you've created the route lines using "spline path" rather than using "linear path" and bend corners. Try getting rid of the splines from your path. If you hover your mouse over the route path (before you apply the stock), NX will display the route segment type in the status bar, e.g, Route BCurve, Route Line, Route Arc.

Geoff Donohoo

NX10.0.3.5 & TC 10.1.4.2
Dell T3600 32Gb Ram, Nvidia Quadro 4000
Windows 7

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Any journal to convert XYZ to YBC or LRA so that if not created the pipe using Mechanical routing it will be helpful.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Is there any Chance to "change" this Type from Route BCurve to a type where i can get an Bend Report?