Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX unit conversion from inch to mm

Creator
Creator

I want to change the unit of a complete assembly file from inch to mm on NX9.

I tried using command prompt 

and for few files it got error and show as *** WARNING: part contains spreadsheets and will not be converted

Please let me know what is the exact issue and help me to sort out this

5 REPLIES

Re: NX unit conversion from inch to mm

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

By default the conversion program will not convert parts with spreadsheets. If you have determined that the spreadsheet data won't be affected by a conversion, you can use the -allow_spreadsheets option.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help/#uid:xid1128423:index_command_line_utilit...

Creator
Creator

It works for me

Thank you Very Much

Creator
Creator

I have a question to add to this. I have a parasolid assembly that I had to open rather than import due to some error. I have successfully saved all the parts and the assembly file as NX part files. From here I need to convert the entire assembly from metric to inches. In the past alls I've had to do is convert the primary assembly file with the command window process mentioned in this thread and all the others seem to work with it. With this one however if I open a part individually (after having converted the assembly) or make it the displayed part within the assembly and check the properties the information comes back as metric. Any suggestions?

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Sidetrack,

Are you using the "-y" switch with the command?

ug_convert_part -in -y assy.prt

Converts and overwrites assy.prt and all its components to inches.

Documentation

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator

Thank you. I did not know about the -y entry. This seems to have done the trick.