Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX10.0 Pattern feture Error

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello All,

Does anyone know what causes the error "UPDATE/DELETE has gone through too many iterations" in NX10.0 pattern feature method.

I'm trying to pattern, a set of features (In attachment), for 9 places /... It is thoughing me the above mentioned error.

Could you help what causes this error? and how to solve it ?

Thanks

NX10.0

9 REPLIES

Re: NX10.0 Pattern feture Error

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Sathya, It will be a bit difficult for us to comment without having a look at the model but can you try doing the pattern without considering the EDGE BLENDS  and see if works then (just a wild guess) or use PATTERN FACE (PATTERN GEOMETRY) if possible.

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

Hi @sathya,

You can refer the log file and trace the error occurred at specific step. Also what specific NX version are you using, like NX 10.0.3.5. Make sure that you have latest 'Maintenance Pack' installed.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the reply @kapilsharma

I tried to pattern alone , excluding everything else.

Still it is the same error..Smiley Sad

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

Currently I'm using the 10.0.3.5 (the latest patch I believe.)

And I'm trying to get some info on the syslog file. And I'm new to read and interpret syslog information.

So I'm attaching the info here. please help me if you have some time.
Also please ask if any more info is needed in syslog file.

thanks

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

Currently I'm using the 10.0.3.5 (the latest patch I believe.)

Ttrying to get some info on the syslog file too.

I'm new to read and interpret syslog information. So I'm attaching the info here.

Please help me if you have some time.

Also please ask if any more info is needed in syslog file.

thanks

Siemens Phenom

Hi Sathya,

Sorry it is a bit difficult for me to understand the issue from the PNG file you shared.. i guess GTAC will be the right option for you as you can share your complete syslog file there...

One last try... have you tried reducing the pattern instances to something less than 9...(7..5..3..something like that..) Does it still gives you an error??

Also can you please run an Examine geometry check on the body you wish to perform these pattern operations on??

Best Regards

Kapil

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks @kapilsharma 

I ran examine geometry on my file. It has passed all the tests.

As you suggested, I came down to 2 instances of pattern still it goes in the loop.

Now I dont have any other option I suppose but to approach GTAC.

Anyhow thanks for your instant replies...

have a good day !

Pioneer
Pioneer
I found below tag in syslog fie....

BEG_ITEM 66650115 (1 STRN 0) = "0" ! Distance

would that be of any help ?

Siemens Phenom

The "UPDATE/DELETE has gone through too may iterations" warning means that NX detected that it was caught in a loop and has halted the process to prevent your session from hanging.  It's possible that objects you specified while making selections on the dialog were causing cyclic conditions.  While GTAC can interpret your syslog to help identify the root-cause you should try the following before contacting your local GTAC office:

Regards, Ben