Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX10 Documentation and 3DConnexion software

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello everyone,

I am creating this post just to hear out if this problem is specific to our computers or if someone else has encountered the same problem.

I have installed the NX10 documentation server locally so i have access wherever i might be. Then i got one of these great CAD Mouses from 3DConnexion and i wanted to explore the wonders of this new fancy device so i installed the software following it.

I suddenly noticed that NX10 documentation would not work anymore. Doing some troubleshooting we find out that "3DxNLServer.exe" is running and stealing port 8181(not sure if that is the problem). Disabling this executable in the Task Manager - Startup and restarting the computer fixed the problem although it is annoying that this executable would start using this port when it was busy to begin with.

9 REPLIES

Re: NX10 Documentation and 3DConnexion software

Builder
Builder

Same situation, after manually stop 3Dconnexion driver - help work (and my spacemouse does not work).

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Gajdos,

Check in task manager if you can terminate only the mentioned executable. Might be that you can use both NX10 Doc and the Spacemouse.

Builder
Builder

I do not know terminate only 3DxNIServer.exe.

More info.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello All,

When you run into this issue, there is a solution for this. Simply uninstall the document server (not the documentation), and reinstall changing the port on the last page of the install. As long as you install it to the same location, you do not have to reinstall the documentation software.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Builder
Builder

After change port to other, documentation start always with adress

http://localhost:8181/tdoc/nx/10/nx_help/

How to change this adress - port?

After reinstal Documentation server:

UGII_UGDOC_BASE=http:\\localhost:8181 must change manually

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @gajdos,

Not sure, if you reaction is a question, or the answer. Smiley Happy Because you just gave the answer. Smiley Wink

Just tested this. When you reinstall the documentation server, you are able to change the port. I did indeed notice, that the system variable is not automatically changed. I could not check so fast when this is set/changed, but most likely with the installation of the documentation itself.

But your last remark, is the correct solution. Change the UGII_UGDOC_BASE variable to the correct location, so in this case, you must manually change the port number here to what you have chosen during the installation.

And remember to restart NX, to have the change applied.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Experimenter
Experimenter
Ok, this is strange. I changed the port number to 8182 using a "modify installation" and now the documentation is found on localhost:8181. So I didn't have to change environment variable. 3d mouse is working as well.

Builder
Builder

Needs to change port manually in enviroment variable (UGII_UGDOC_BASE=http:\\localhost:your port) and link in start menu (Help, Release notes and Whats new).

Experimenter
Experimenter
I didn't. Still works. Installed with 8182, runs on 8181. I'll report back
if it still doesn't work after some time.