Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX10 Drawing template with Teamcenter, taking the weight from Master to DWG

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Dear All, 

I have watched the videos from Phonix PLM how to create drawing templates.

There is point, I somehow cannot figure out:

The steps I went through:

1. I created custom attributes in TC10 in a "Custom"RevisionMasterForm

2. I mapped these attribute with NX (UGMASTER) (some attributes, created later won't go over to NX!!?? :-( --> this question of me is not about this now.)

3. I created the templates (UGMASTER, UGPART) in TC-NX-Integration and saved. (with title block and frame.)

4. I managed to link the UGMASTER attributes to the Drawing by using Attributes Templates (DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_<ugmaster-part-attribute> --> it works fine for my custom attributes in the MasterForm (e.g.: supplier, material description, .....)

The problem I am facing:

I cannto take the Mass of ugmaster over to the drawing.

I tried it with

- DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_MassPropMass

-DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_NX_Mass

- DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_Z2Mass, wehere Z2Mass is an attribute in UGMASTER referring to the expression  p9=format("%0.2f", p8), where p8 is the value of MassPropMass (NX_Mass) in UGMASTER.

If the ugmaster at ist first save already has a Mass value (it contains a solid body) --> it works fine. :-)

If the ugmaster at its first save does not yet contains a Mass value --> MassPropMass does not exist yet. --> the mass value created later (after the first save), this method is just does not work: p9 does not exist --> Z2Mass (ugmaster part attribute) cannot be defined --> DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_Z2Mass won't take over any values to the drawing. 

My p9 and Z2Mass have to be redefined each time a user wants to create a drawing. --> it is timeconsuming.

My Questions:

How can I make, the Mass of the UGMASTER will be taken to drawing automatically, in every circumstances???

BTW, However, the methods of referring to DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_MassPropMass or -DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_NX_Mass do not work consequently!!!!! How could it be!!!???

Many thanks for your help!!

regards,

Vatimos

3 REPLIES

Re: NX10 Drawing template with Teamcenter, taking the weight from Master to DWG

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I have the same issue, and I *think* I've had it working before, but we were working on changing our materials managment system, so the attributes got jacked up, and now I want to fix them.

I suspect the issue in my case is, the attributes, Material, MassPartMass, MassPropArea, MassPropDensity, MassProp____, don't exist in our ugmaster model seed file.  They aren't created until a material is assigned, and the part is saved.  My model seed file has no geometry in it.

So the question I have, how do I create these links to attributes that don't exist yet?  I watched the video that @PhoeNX_Support did on attributes, but it didn't really address this, or I missed it.  https://vimeo.com/100179684

Do I need to create a dummy "part" with weight and attributes, and add it as a component to my drawing formats, and then link the attributes?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Somehow, I figured it out. I am not really sure what the key step was. I have tried a lot of methods.

I got the MassPropMass into the model template by creating a solid body and assigning a material to it.

Having referenced the attributes I deleted the solid body from the template. The attributes and expressions derived from them remained  in the part. (Probably as it was referenced, it cannot be deleted)

One drawback of this method, that an initial value of mass is in the template. (staying back as a result of the first dummy solid.) As soon as the real solid body is created and the weight calculated, this values is overwritten.

so far it works fine for me.....

Dave, give a try to this method....

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Maybe go back, re-add the solid, assign it a really extreme desnity, make sure the attributes update correctly, then delete it.

extreme = either 100000000 kg / cubic mm

or .000000000001 g/cubic meter

Something that (if a "real" part is left that way) is *incredibly obvious* that something is wrong.  (I'd lean toward the really heavy density)...i.e. so if that "little washer" that weighs 10 tons, even the secretary will think something's wrong:-)

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled