Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX10 Partial Section View cutting through parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everyone, I need a partial section view, but this doesn´t show a border line or break line in the lower end (see attached image).

Does anyone know how to make that line show?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES

Re: NX10 Partial Section View cutting through parts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Edit the Settings of the Section View and check the option "Section > Settings > Format: Show Bend Lines". Is that what you're looking for? You're not going to get a squiggly line (unless you draw one yourself).

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

BenBroad wrote:

Edit the Settings of the Section View and check the option "Section > Settings > Format: Show Bend Lines". Is that what you're looking for? You're not going to get a squiggly line (unless you draw one yourself).

Regards, Ben

Hi Ben,

'Show Bend Lines' only show a stright line.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00,

The request was for a border line or a break line.  I believe the solution I gave will produce a border line, and I did state that NX doesn't create a squiggly line (break line).

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom

You could create a Break-out Section View, but that's a convoluted process just to show a break line. Or you could add a view break to the section view, and change the break line appearance (see image).

But the quickest way to depict what you want (if a border line is not sufficient) is to simple make the section view the Active Sketch view and add your own break line using sketch curves (see second image).

Siemens Phenom

JoseJavier wrote:

Hi everyone, I need a partial section view, but this doesn´t show a border line or break line in the lower end (see attached image).

Does anyone know how to make that line show?

Thanks in advance

If you often need that wavy break line in section view, better you create it using 'Define Custom Symbol' command and reuse it from Reuse Library whenever required.wavy.PNGAnother way (workaround) could be, Define a linear dimension and add 'Break' symbol to the dimension line.

1) Define dimension (Orientation and Position: Text Over Dimension Line)1.PNG2) Remove dimension value by Override Dimension Text. Set Arrowhead type to None from the dimension settings.2.PNG

3) By 'User Defined Symbol', add the break symbol with appropriate length,height to the dimension line.

UDS.PNG 

Regards,
Ganesh