Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX10 - Report volume and density values for all components in a specific assy?

Legend
Legend

Hello all

Is there way to report the density and volume values for all components in a specific assy? I am trying to setup a way to check the mass value I get from a measure bodies on my assemblies. Individual parts are usually released with proper material assigned but our system is not yet 100% perfect.

Laurenj

12 REPLIES

Re: NX10 - Report volume and density values for all components in a specific assy?

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi,

Have you tried measure bodies command?

Just select the component you want to measure then on the results group, select show information window.

Information window will display this values. See image:

measure bodies.JPG

Re: NX10 - Report volume and density values for all components in a specific assy?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

With Advanced Weight Management you can calcualte the mass properties of the assembly and dispaly the results in the Assembly Navigator by activating the Weight column.

Alternativly generate a Visual Report based on Weight.

In both cases you can then export the ANTs content to a spreadsheet.

Steve V

Siemens Phenom

Alternativly, if you o not want to calcualte density in the spreadsheet, create a Visual "Sub-part" Report on the bodies.

Right mouse click to export results to HTML or spreadsheet.

Steve V

Legend
Legend
Hi Steven

This is exactly what I want to achieve. Can you please provide me some details on how to proceed? For the $Volume column, I guess you need a $Volume attribute for each individual part?

Thanks for your time!

Laurenj
PS. Sorry for the late answer, I had to take a long break last week.

Siemens Phenom

The $Volume attribute is in all the parts but is only set with content under a number of circumstances.

One method is to switch on the "File->Save Option - Generate Weight Data" however better would be to switch this on in "Customer  Defaults" under "Analysis->Weigh Management"  - "Generate Weight Data"

This will then populate the weight and $Volume attribute on save of the part file.

Alternatively run the command Advanced Weight Management.

Steve V

Legend
Legend
Thanks again Steven!

I'm working with release files so I can't switch on the Generate Weight Data option. You seem to imply I can use Advanced Weight management to generate these data. But I can't find how to do that. Do you please mind expanding on this specific point?

Laurenj

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Note that you will need access to an "advanced assembly modeling license" to use the advanced weight management commands.

Legend
Legend
I have a MACH 3 product design license. So I guess Advanced assembly modeling is included. My Weight Management dialog looks exactly like in Stevens first picture.

Siemens Phenom

First need to check material has been assigned to all solids in your assembly.

Easiest way to do that is right mouse button over the Assembly Navigator title area and select the column option then switch on material. While you are at it also select Weight and configure manually $Volume.

Then in Advanced Weight command while in top assembly press the Work Part icon.

Should see columns in ANT populate with values. Right mouse click to export to spreadsheet

Or from the "i" on the resource bar double click Visual Reporting select report Weight and run (green arrow)

Steve V