Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NX10 Reuse library and Classification. Search pane is empty

Legend
Legend

In NX reuse and classification when I select classification node there is no search field in search pane for searching classification data. In other workstation the search pane is appear and all fine.

NX 10.0.3.5 MP10.

11 REPLIES

Re: NX10 Reuse library nd Classification. Search pane is empty

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi ,

Check the customer defaults for REUSE LIBRARY in NX .

There is one specifying the classification library location (LIBRARY ORGANIZED BY TC CLASSIFICATION).

Regards

Kapil

Legend
Legend

in Customer defaults all OK. I can see classification tree in NX and select any node(storage class), but there is search pane below the classification tree where user can enter attributes values for searching. This search pane not appear and I cant do a search by ICO attributes

Siemens Phenom

ok...sorry i am not a TC Classification person but try this setting (not sure if the right click on Classification node works in the same fashion. Please ignore the markers in RED as of now ...just check these options.

search.jpg

Siemens Phenom

Hello @alex_c,

You say, other workstations are working fine. But did you try to do this with the same user? or different users. might be a rights issue?

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Legend
Legend

Users are different. I'll try another way. I remember there is one option in user interface settings - reset window position button. Once that helped me in other issue.

On screenshot 2 - is what I exactly need to see - attributes search fields that appear after selecting classification node in NX reuse tab

Siemens Phenom

Hi @alex_c,

Select one of the classes under the Classification Root and click on the magnifying glass icon in the Member Select pane titled "Search by Attribute" to see the classification attributes:

Show Classification Attributes in Reuse Browser.png

Regards, Ben

Legend
Legend

I've found this on GTAC

• Symptom
  • ---------------
    The Member Select and Preview are missing from the Reuse Library dialog,
    preventing the selection of a Reuse Library object.  This could be also seen in
    the part navigator and Assembly Navigator that the Details, Dependencies, and
    Previews are missing from the Navigators pane at the bottom.
  • Hardware/Software Configuration
  • All
  • Solution
  • This is most likely due to a corrupt NX registry.  To correct this, shut down
    NX.  Use the Windows Regedit command to edit the Windows Registry.  In the
    Windows Registry Editor, select and expand:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\NX

Delete the 11.0 folder (or the appropriate version of NX that is exhibiting
    this behavior).

Restarting NX will recreate this Registry Key and the issue should be resolved.

I did the same, on other workstation this fix issue, but this dont work for all workstation (clear registry dir)

And I cant find why this fix not always work.

Legend
Legend

Sorry guys, possible I was wrong.

I noticed that Member Select area is show classification attributes only if TC user is DBA. User with other role not see anything.

What reason of this? Classification Class View settings or ACL?

Another question - what licences needed - only nx_access_tcclass or classification_access needed too?

We have some classification_access named license and some floating nx_access_tcclass licenses.

I suspect the user who dont have free classification_access license cant do classification search from nx, i.e may be nx_access_tcclass license require classification_access too?

Legend
Legend

update:

I've found this messages in tcserver syslog after switching to reuse library in NX and select class in classification hierarchy:

NOTE  - 2017/4/26- ------- check_module_usage for classification_acces returned error 26037 (Optional Module). - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tc at d:\workdir\tc1015w1013_win64\src\core\tc\check_license.cxx(374)
SML_init_module :: ERROR: Unable to open Application tables

Really the nx_access_tcclass license is not enougth and classification_access need also?