Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX10 title block and formats

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Using NX9, and we have a company logo change coming, so I will need to update our drawing formats.  Currently we have a choiice of 7 drawing format sizes at our facility, so a title block change means repeating the process for all 7.

With NX10, I see that the title block will move/adjust with a change in drawing size, so I was wondering if anyone has gone to a single drawing format 'size', to maintain a single title block, and then let users adjust the size as needed?

I don't have 10 installed, but how do the drawing zones adjust, ie the 4.5" zone vs. the 5.5" zone, when the orientation changes for some sheet sizes?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
3 REPLIES

Re: NX10 title block and formats

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The zones do adjust (as in the number of zones and/or their size changes) but I don't know where NX gets the data from for the new zone size.

I was *assuming* from the drafting standard, but I haven't looked to see if that is true.

Note things that aren't actual "titleblock" objects do not move (e.g. if you have the rev block as a tabular note, also possibly parts lists)

Note if you use multiple tabular notes to form the "main" titleblock, they must all be added to ONE titleblock object (not one tabnote per titleblock object)

If you have tabnotes in different corners, they must be in different titleblock objects (i.e. if you have something in the  top-left corner, it needs to be a separate titleblock object than the "main" titleblock in the bottom-right corner)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

We recently unsuccessfully attempted to do this in NX10 and ended up skipping the auto zone and border entirely and going back to having multiple drawing template sizes due to much of what Ken just said.  However, we did successfully change to using the newer Title Block functionality in each of those formats.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Thanks.  I won't get my hopes up for simple title block maintaince for a couple more versions then Smiley Happy

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1