Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX10 with loss in response time behavior

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello NX10 user and coder,

can we make NX10 to behave as fluently as it used to be? Possibly by unhooking some fancy funtionality?

It is significantly noticable that NX10 always needs some time to respond during zooming in and out in drawings or in sketches. That really is annoying and prevents a fluent work.

Can you give me please some suggestions?

Many Thanks!

4 REPLIES

Re: NX10 with loss in response time behavior

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I would start by verifying that you are using a certified graphics card / driver combination for your machine and OS combination.

You can check here:

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/certifications.shtml#lightview%26url=/en_u... (Graphics Card) Certifications%26description=%26docType=xls

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to mention our computer types:

Dell Precission Tower 5810

32 GB RAM

Intel Xeon E5-2697 v3 @ 2.6GHz (28 CPUs) ~2,6GHz

NVIDIA Quadro K4200 4 GB

Windows 7 64 bit

We bought these Computers when we switched from NX6 to NX 8.5. They worked fine.

NX 8.5 was more fluent, it doesn't stutter while zooming in or out in sketches or drawings.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Check in preferences -> visualization performance; set the options in NX 10 to match your old options.

Legend
Legend

NX9 changed quite a bit in the way it displays stuff.

in the solution center you can find docs like this.

This one helped with my issue. I ended up making changes to my seed parts and STP and Iges null files to help my issue. I've not had any issues with wireframe or drafting though. 

link.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX12.0.1.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro