Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX11.0.1 prog die wizard reuse false bodies

Pioneer
Pioneer

In the Progressive Die Wizard and probably Mold Wizard there are some feature groups that you can add from  the reuse library--bolts, dowels,  etc.

They work great but there are some attributes that look like are usable,  but I don't know how to  access them or where they are placed

This is a screenshot of  the spreadsheet

Would anyone know how to access them  after a feature is added and subtracted out

Capture.JPG

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000
5 REPLIES

Re: NX11.0.1 prog die wizard reuse false bodies

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @brian1234,

I added a SHCS in MW, located and right mouse clicked the component in the Assembly Navigator and chose Properties.  Here are the attributes in the spreadsheet:

Screenshot - 5_12_2017 , 10_11_13 AM.png

I'm assuming these are the attributes you were referring to.

The Component Properties list the following corresponding attributes:

Screenshot - 5_12_2017 , 10_16_43 AM.png

Is this what you're looking for?

If it's not, please give us a little more information.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

What do you want to do? customise the standard database or a specific instance or edit a component to change to a different size?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Pioneer
Pioneer

Similar to the component bit this is a false body only, its available from the reuse library and its adds a reusable feature that you can add, just like your adding the component, but its only features to subract. It has the attributes listed as well. I was just wondering if I can use them. when I add the false body and subtract it  out, there is nothing else added to the attributes under properties

Capture.JPG

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000

Pioneer
Pioneer

Mickael,

Just trying to see if I can use the attributes from the false body reusable feature, its works just like adding a screw but its only a body that you can link in and subtract out instead of the assembled component

Capture.JPG

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000

Phenom
Phenom

Brian,

Just finished installing and customising NX11.

I think this is PDW version of NX Hole feature; NX’s multi axial development going wild.

NX introduced Radial Dimension> Hole Calout but sadly it cannot be used with PDW created holes. If the model contains PDW holes, then only way I see to get the hole info is to use a Hole Table. Some companies don’t like Hole tables.

brian1234 wrote:

but I don't know how to  access them or where they are placed

If you double click the Seed pocket or in the part navigator, then you could re-define the sizes.

brian1234 wrote:

Would anyone know how to access them  after a feature is added and subtracted out 

If you edit the Table, save and exit then you could see those values are appearing as pulldown values, when you double click the Seed Pocket/Component.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW