Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX11.2 Atribute Reference of Object is hidden

Builder
Builder

Hi,

Using NX 11.0.2.7 and I cann't find: ATTRIBUTE REFERENCE OF OBJECT.  It associates the attributes of an object with the selected tabular note.   I've looked in NX Help and I read that "atribute reference of objet" is currently hidden.

I was using this command in NX10.

Any way to make this operative?

Thanks

Jose C.

4 REPLIES

Re: NX11.2 Atribute Reference of Object is hidden

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @JCP,

Are you referring to reassociating Formboard Annotation with a new object?  The only reference I can find to "Attribute Reference Object" is in the Routing documentation here.  If that's the case, I tested both NX10.0.3 and NX11.0.2 and the result was the same - when right clicking the formboard annotation (a tabular note) one of the options in the popup menu is: "Object Reference Attribute", for which the tooltip states: "associates an object's attributes with the selected tabular note".  Note that this is not an option for the standard Drafting Tabular Note.

If this is not what you're attempting to do, please give more information and if possible link to the documentation where you read that it's hidden.

Regards, Ben

Builder
Builder

Hi Ben

Thanks for your reply.

In "expression menu" there was an icon in NX10 called: REFERENCE ATRIBUTE and allowed to select: attribute of the reference part and reference object attribute.

This icon "Reference Atribute" in Expression Menu has disappeared in NX11. 

Enclose a pdf with "reference Atribute" Icon.

Jose C

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi Jose,

To accomplish the same thing in the Expressions Editor in NX 11, right click the cell under the Formula column and choose "Edit".  A small dialog will open and you'll find the Reference Part Attribute/Reference Object Attribute option:

Screenshot - 4_23_2018 , 7_30_46 AM.png

Regards, Ben

Builder
Builder
Thanks!! It Works.