Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX11 Selection intent - How can I change setting default to be "Entire Assembly"?

Experimenter
Experimenter

When working in within an Assembly the Selection Intent is set "Within Work Part Only" as a default.  I have to change it every time to "Entire Assembly".  I know some might like this setting and have reasons for it, but I don't.  I looked through Customer Defaults and could not find any setting related to this.  Am I missing it?  Tried using Command Finder and that did not help.  I asked this question 3 years ago, but was told by Siemens there was no setting I could change.  Please help or could Siemens add a place in Customer Defaults to change it?  I attached a sreen shot showing what I am talking about.  Thank you. 

4 REPLIES

Re: NX11 Selection intent - How can I change setting default to be "Entire Assembly"?

Phenom
Phenom

The Selection Scope seems to be one of the Selection Intent rules that gets saved with Dialog Memory. For example, if you selected the section for Extrude using Entire Assembly, the next time you use that dialog box, I think it will remember that setting, unless you Reset the dialog box, or change a role.

With that being how it works, I think (1) it should tend to use what you used last time. (2) You might be able to save a Role with the dialog memory set how you want it.

Re: NX11 Selection intent - How can I change setting default to be "Entire Assembly"?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your response.  I know what your talking about related to "remembering" a pattern of making the same choice.  The system does this when I use the measure command several times in a row.  In this case, it does not "remember".  Also, it happens no matter what command I am trying to access when I have an assembly up.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I suspected it and cross-checked it in NX11 .... the selection intent is "Entire Assembly" by default. So probably if you reset the dialog to default values then it should change from "Within Work Part" to "Entire Assembly"

selection.jpgBest Regards

Kapil

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your response.  I tried that and it reverts back to "Within Work Part Only".  Siemens needs to make it an option to set this setting in Customer Defaults.  Doing "Section Curve" command within an assembly is the worst related to this issue.  Why would I want "Within Work Part Only" when I am in an assembly using the "Section Curve" command?