Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX11 Single feature frame box with referenced datum feature above

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have encountered a feature frame that I do not know how to create in PMI.  Appears to be a single frame feature box.  Above the feature box is a frame showing only a compound datum reference.  Can someone advise me how to add this upper datum reference.  Please see attached pic for more info. 

Thank You.

2 REPLIES

Re: NX11 Single feature frame box with referenced datum feature above

Phenom
Phenom

In your picture, I think the G-H above the Feature Control Frame is stating that the tolerance applies between two points G and H not shown in your picture.

What I would do is enter that as Text on the Feature Control Frame dialog box.

Feature-control-frame-between.jpg

The way the Text entry works, you can enter text: before, after, above, or below "<My Feature Control Frame>".

In this case, I entered G and H above that line, and then inserted the drafting symbol "Between" between the G and the H.

There are also GD&T symbols you can add to text. This includes putting a box around the text. But I don't know how to get the box to join with the feature control frame box. 

Sorry, I don't know much about the ISO standards. In ASME, the text would be entered without a box, as shown in this example:

http://www.dimcax.com/gdt_web/may-03.htm

I could be wrong here. For better information, you should post this question in the PMI-MBD group.

Re: NX11 Single feature frame box with referenced datum feature above

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank You Mark,
I think this solution should give me the results that I was trying to achieve.