Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX11 Trimmed sheet enhancment.

Legend
Legend

THANK YOU!  I've been waiting for this since I had some Catia V5 training way back in 2003

2017-02-10 (7).png

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.1 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:nothing.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro
6 REPLIES

Re: NX11 Trimmed sheet enhancment.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That is a good enhancement in NX 11. If you like that one, look at the Combine that is in NX 11.0.1.

Use the Combine command to trim and join regions of multiple intersecting sheet bodies.

You can select the regions to keep or remove, and use Find Volume to select regions when there is a closed volume.

Where do I find it?

Application

Modeling

Command Finder

Combine

Phenom
Phenom

Nice. I recall seeing a similar command in Pro-E 10-15 years ago.

-Tim

Legend
Legend
Nice.

I like it.
Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.1 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:nothing.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Pioneer
Pioneer

The combine command is certainly a nice addition, eliminating numerous Trim and Extend features. However, my major beef with it is that it creates duplicate geometry, making the model hard to navigate. There should be an option on the dialog allowing the user to delete the input surfaces.

Phenom
Phenom

Yeah, that's a downer for sure.  Makes one wonder why they go that route from time to time rather than add the deletion as an option for those that prefer a cleaner history.  For me, that doesn't seem very consistent when I keep reading other things were tinkered with in the name of consistency.  Quite interesting.

-Tim

Genius
Genius

With the addition of the new Combine feature, do you know if the limitation still exists that a single edge cannot be shared by more than 2 sheet bodies?