Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX11 memory access violation while opening good files from lower verions

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello everyone!

Haven't yet had time to properly submit the issue to GTAC. While attempting to open some files created in NX10 with NX11.0.1 I receive 'memory access violation' error. The files themselves are perfectly good and are opened with NX10 without trouble. Anyone else experienced the same?

5 REPLIES

Re: NX11 memory access violation while opening good files from lower verions

Legend
Legend

I've been using NX11.0.1 for about a month. no memory access violations at all so far.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX12.0.1.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've had quite a few memory access violations while using NX 10.  It seems completely random when it happens and not repeatable.  For me, it seems to happen more when I'm trying to add components to an assembly.  Sometimes I can save my work and sometimes I can't.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @s_hightower,

Are you using a newer version of NX10, say NX10.0.3?

Usually when memory access violations are observed as often as you report you're seeing them, they have already been reported to us and fixed in newer Maintenance Releases.  The next time you get one of these errors, locate your syslog and contact GTAC.  We can usually tell from the logs what occured, whether the issue has been reported and advise you on whether you need to install a specifc Maintenance Release or maintenance pack to prevent the issues.  Adding components to an assembly could be a graphics driver issue, due to the preview window, or certain operations involved in the graphics display when positioning or constraining the part on-the-fly, which could be resolved with a newer driver.  Failures in the driver are captured in your syslog, which is why you should consider calling GTAC.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Very good things to consider.  Thanks for your advice.  I'll definitely keep that in mind.  Much appreciated.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

And yes, I'm using NX 10.0.3.5 MP11.