Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX11 table prefix/suffix

Pioneer
Pioneer

Capture.PNG

Are we able to edit the text in the suffix pulldown and add more common ones to it?

Thanks,

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000
3 REPLIES

Re: NX11 table prefix/suffix

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Are we able to edit the text in the suffix pulldown and add more common ones to it? 

I think answer is NO, at least in NX 10.

There is no way so that the existing suffix values can be edited or new value can be added to the list. As manual text can be entered and used as a suffix. Why do you want to edit the values that are already available?

Are you looking for something like shown in the image. If yes  then please refer the "Using control characters to format text".

SUFFIX.PNG

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am adding hole tables and the summary rows that get filled out are not very decriptive. I can add a suffix like (6mm dowel) or (M16 SHCS) after the row of text to make it wasy to identify the holes. I was hopping to add the ones I use commonly to the drop down. I have approx 400 details each with multiple holes, just hopong to save some typing

Thanks,

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @brian1234,

I checked with development and they confirmed that the menu is hard-coded.  You will not be able to edit it, or add to it.  Please consider opening an IR with GTAC to submit a new Enhancement Request.

Regards, Ben