cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX11 transition surface

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have problem with the 'Transition' surface command.

I am trying to make a transition surface more or less following the blu wireframe curves (see below, image 1) , but apparently the command works only if the sections strings are not smooth curves or arcs. transit 00.jpg

When I try I get a strange wireframe, the bridge curves NX proposes for the transitions are not normal to the plane of the face edges (as I presumed they should be), and it is impossible to change the starting point of the sections (see image2 below) to better map the correspondence between points. I am doing something wrong?transit 01.jpg

I also attach a prt that reproduces the situation.

Thanks for good suggestions!

4 REPLIES

Re: NX11 transition surface

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

have a look at my sample. The edges of your bodies you wants to connect are not single ones.

So NX creates the bridge curves tangent to the matching edges with leads to your results.

You can create internal bridge curves inside the transition feature but the resulting surfaces will not be tangent.

I would prefer the fill surface which let you use your bridge curves to control the shape.

best regards

Meinolf

Meinolf, , Leistritz Turbinentechnik GmbH

Production: NX10.0.3, TC 10.1.4

Testing:NX11 Beta

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao L.

attached modified file.

I extracted isoparametric curve with which I trim the surfaces, so I created a 'jointed' edge.

In this way NX works well.

I agree with @Triumphator in using other ways to create this surface not necessary fill surface.

Ciao C.

thank you very much Cesare, you  now I have a better understanding of the command!

Thank you Meinholf! I myself used the fill surface to bypass the problem