Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NX12 Assembly Constraints Function Removed?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@pcsapai wrote:

I am confused becasue I believe the selection intent is on that specific component. So yes the action activates the assembly constraint command BUT its psecifically an action on that selected component.

@pcsapai,

If selection intent was on any component, I am pretty sure the selected component would remain highlighted through the constraint process and there would be inputs for component selection in the dialog.  The component is deselected once the Assembly Constraints dialog is invoked and there aren't input areas for component selection.  I'm sorry but component selection is not a required part of the Assembly Constraint process, only invoking the dialog and selecting constraint types and geometry to constrain is required.

Is it really that big of a deal for you to customize the View Popup, Quick Access Toolbar or Radial Popups?  I'm asking because I don't know if it is or not based on how NX is admin'd at your site (permissions and such).  Seems like a very easy fix to me if you're that passionate about this.  Should only take 15 minutes (for a novice user with minimal customization experience - the instructions have been posted above) and if you backup your Role and have Save Layout at Exit on, you shouldn't have to worry about this in the future if Siemens ignores the ER.

With all of that said, I empathize with changes that have negative impacts on users but this doesn't seem like it's the end of the world on the surface - depending what you can or cannot customize.  Hope you're able to get it working as you wish.

Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.6

Builder
Builder
Hi Tim

No its not the end of the world to customize the radial group, my isue with that is the customization is only retained with the Roles otherwise gets reset each time you reboot. The roles I am not a fan of we are trying to use standard interface so we are not so dependant on upgrading during releases. As time goes on this becoming more difficult.

The save layout on exit maybe something to look at though. I never thought about that. Again this will work for now until we use different virtual machines in the future.

I am not trying to complain for that reason alone. I get frustrated when our performance is at risk. We use 30% modeling and 60% assembly with some drafting and sheet metal. We have assemblies with 2000-5000 components. Assembly is big part of our mouseclicks. I want to teduce those not increase them.
NX12.0.2.9 Win10 64bit, Tecnomatix PS V14.1.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@pcsapai

We may need to move this part of the dicussion to another thread about roles. You should be able to save roles as they are created and not need lose what you have. 

Here are the steps to save a role once it is setup the way you want:

Save a Role

In addition trying to have everyone use the same interface can be counter productive. The beauty of the roles is to allow each user the ability to have the command they use in a spot that works for them. 

Scott

Builder
Builder
Scott. I dont want to dilute the objective here, we are aware of the roles how they work and how to create. This is not the point we are getting way off track.

The topic was Assembly Constraints command within the component MB3 dialog ben removed.

Thanks everyone for their comments and suggestions.
NX12.0.2.9 Win10 64bit, Tecnomatix PS V14.1.