Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX12 Topology optimization Setup Optimization

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello there,

When I enter the setup optimization the approximate design space mass is about 50 million kg, and the minimum mass target is even bigger (80 billion kg). Obviously this is not right. Can anybody give me any suggestions why this is not displayed properly and what I can change to make this right?

Kind regards,

DW

8 REPLIES

Re: NX12 Topology optimization Setup Optimization

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

What happens if you select "Estimate Optimization Parameters"?

What Mass Properties do you get if you use the Measure Body command and choose "Show Information Window"?  Can you list the results here?

Experimenter
Experimenter

When I select estimate optimaztion parameters i get the mass of 50 million kg etc. With the measure body command it says that the mass = 176 kg, Volume = 0,169 m^3, surface area = 1.832 m^2, radius of gyration = 277.3085 mm^2, weight = 1731,9525 N.

Experimenter
Experimenter

This is the complete list

I can't get anywhere close to your optimization parameter values.  Have you tried selecting "Reset Topology Optimization Workflow" and trying again?  Are you using the latest version of Topology Optimization from the FTP server?

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have tried it again and now the approximate Design Space Mass is even higher. The results i get look good, but the mass of the result is 2679054 kg and that can't be right. 

I'm using the latest version of topology optimization (NX 12.0.01 - NX30556 Topology Optimization for designers).

If you're unable to upload your part here, you might want to give your local GTAC office a call.

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

I selected 'Reset Topology Optimization Workflow' and tried again for a third time and for unknown reasons (i didnt do anything different) it works now. Thanks for your help. 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @Dbgwissink,

I have heard about this issue before... It has been reported to development, but I believe it had to do with using a , (Comma) as decimal separator (European style), instead of using a . (full stop) as a decimal separator (US-style).

Hopefully this might solve your issue witout trying 3 times.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software