Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX12 lines and arcs associative icon grayed out.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello,

NX12.0.0 MP1

Anybody knows why the associative icon in the Insert -> Curve -> Lines and Arcs -> Associative icon is grayed out?

When I try to create a new line point-point with the above command the associative icon is grayed out and the line is always associative. If I need to remove the associativity I need to go to edit -> feature -> remove parameters. Very anoying.

Regards

Frank.

2 REPLIES

Re: NX12 lines and arcs associative icon grayed out.

Phenom
Phenom

Probably an oversight - I'd call GTAC and report it or see if it's already been reported. I understand with all of the "specialized" line/arc commands without true dialogs that this might be very annoying but one should still be able to create most curves using only the "plain" line or circle/arc dialogs, which should contain associativity checkboxes.

nx11 line.png

-Tim

Re: NX12 lines and arcs associative icon grayed out.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

NX12.0.0 MP1

Anybody knows why the associative icon in the Insert -> Curve -> Lines and Arcs -> Associative icon is grayed out?

Yes it is grayed out.

But in NX11 (11.0.2.7 MP5) there is no problem with it. I would suggest to report this to GTAC.

Customer Defaults, Curves > Curve Associativity

You can toggle off option 'Line, Arc/Circle, Lines and Arcs' so that lines created will be non-associatve.