Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX12- multiple section thread with custom thread profile - Migrating from Creo

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

I am currently using Creo at work, and we are migrating to NX. We used to be able to create custom screw very easily, however, I haven't be able to do it using NX. I am wondering if anyone here can enlighten me. Please see example below - As you may see, we started with a straight thread then tapper at an angle. The thread profile is buttress thread. I appreciate anyone who can help me create the same screw in NX. Thank you y'all.

4 REPLIES

Re: NX12- multiple section thread with custom thread profile - Migrating from Creo

Phenom
Phenom

The way I would approach it would be to:

1. Create a spine curve for the axis to define the helix.
  2. Create a Helix with a variable diameter using a "linear along spine." Define the diameter at three points.
  3. Sketch on Path to create the thread profile. (Intersect the point the helix pierces the sketch section)
  4. Use the Swept command to create the thread. Orientation = Face Normals.
  5. Subtract the thread from the part being threaded.

tapered-thread.jpg

Re: NX12- multiple section thread with custom thread profile - Migrating from Creo

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you Mark, I think your solution is what I'm looking for. would you mind sending me the model? I haven't really get used to using NX, and I need to study how people make spine curve. Thank you much.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Mark, Thank you so much again for your help. I have figured out the way to do the thread.

Phenom
Phenom
I can send the file, but it will take a week. I am out of town for a while.