Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NX1847-What's changed in NX Configuration and NXOpen

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Siemens PLM Team,

when NX Continuous Release - Upgrading NXOpen Customization (NXOpen Reporter Tool) will be available on NX1847?

We have planned the transition from NX11 to NX1847 in the final of March. We have lot of custom journals to validate before the switch. In the presentation you have talked of 'NXOpen Reporter Tool'. On beta you have shared a python utility that is not ideal to use and had strange results.

Navigate to https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/docs/nx_dev/nx_report/en_US/Whats_Changed.html ?Version=1847 show only NX12 as selectable version to compare.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

6 REPLIES 6

Re: NX1847-What's changed in NX Configuration and NXOpen

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello cubalibre00,

The tool is available on GTAC under download area:

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/

Use the following Product Filter:

NX > NX 1847 Series > Add-Ons > NXOpenReporterTool

Can you email me your beta testing feedback on why python utility is not ideal to use and also strange results you saw with your custom journals? 

Also, if they are journals you don't have to perform any validation and or upgrade steps. Journals should and will execute as-is in an upgraded version of NX. I also would like to know why are you validating journal files?

I've mentioned my email address below, send me the information and I'll respond back.

Regards

Shirish

shirish.more@siemens.com

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@ShirishMore wrote:

Also, if they are journals you don't have to perform any validation and or upgrade steps. Journals should and will execute as-is in an upgraded version of NX. I also would like to know why are you validating journal files?

Regards

Shirish

shirish.more@siemens.com

Occasionally commands are obsoleted; in this case, journals written for previous versions will not run as-is and will need to be modified for the new NX version.

Phenom
Phenom

@cowski1 wrote:

@ShirishMore wrote:

Regards

Shirish

shirish.more@siemens.com

Occasionally commands are obsoleted; in this case, journals written for previous versions will not run as-is and will need to be modified for the new NX version.

Hi @cowski1 ,

it's right. We have custom journals that did not work into NX 1847.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello Cubalibre00/Cowski,

Can you email me your journal files that didn't work in 1847?

I'll investigate and get back with you. Rename your journals to *.txt

Regards

Shirish

shirish.more@siemens.com

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @ShirishMore ,

sent to you analysis report and our journals, also which are not compatible with NX1847.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello Shirish, 

I cannot seem to find the NXOpenReporterTool under "NX > NX 1847 Series > Add-Ons". Could it be that GTAC has removed it for some reason?

Could you please let me know from where can I get that?